* [ECOS] questions about redboot
@ 2003-05-07 13:24 Matt Kober
From: Matt Kober @ 2003-05-07 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

i finally got Redboot to build without out problems and after downloading it i
started it with a 'go (address)' command  from my bootloader. it seems to
run, as i get the Redboot prompt and the version command gives some
reasonable output.  i tried to bebug a simple ecos example program but only
get a 'continuing' on the console window of the gdb.

does it cause trouble starting Redboot on an already initialized platform opposed
to letting redboot handle the hardware setup ? do i need to give redboot total
control over the hardware at power up time?

thanks for the help,

Matt

* [ECOS] questions about redboot
@ 2003-05-07 13:28 Matt Kober
From: Matt Kober @ 2003-05-07 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

@ 2002-03-07 19:58 Afzal, Naeem M
From: Afzal, Naeem M @ 2002-03-07 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

What is the clean way of removing GDB related stuff and diag from RedBoot
binary. Can it be done by modifying CDL scripts?
Second question - I have RedBoot for IQ80310 platform and when I do a build
it doesn't compile serial port driver. Do I need to add some package for
this?

Thanks

naeem

* [ECOS] questions about redboot
@ 2001-03-19 18:52 lmc83
From: lmc83 @ 2001-03-19 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
    My target platform is edb7212, I use serial port to communicate with
    my host. I have use dl_edb7xxx to download redboot.bin into my target,
    and can see the Redboot> prompt now.
    Currently, I am trying to download ecos into target.
    But I have some question about redboot.
    Can I use redboot to debug kernel like that when I writing NT/9x
    driver? (which have kernel debugging tools which could let me source
    level and single step trace my driver)
    If it could, how to setting up so that I can do so?
    If it couldn't, what ability it provide? Is it just provide me for
    downloading image?

        Thanks in advance for your help.

                                   Liang Ming-Chung