* [ECOS] Re: eCosCentric copyright hold in headers
@ 2004-04-08 12:11   ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-04-08 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: Andrew Lunn, eCos Disuss

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:58:37AM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Andrew Lunn wrote:
> >Hi Jifl, Alex etc...
> >
> >What is the correct way to indicate in a files copyright header that
> >it has been assigned to eCosCentric? Simply
> >
> >Copyright (C) 2004 eCosCentric Ltd
> >
> >like the RedHat line?
>
> Yep. It should all get blasted away when the FSF assignment happens (don't
> ask).

Which is my i asked. We should keep track of this just in case...

      Andrew

* [ECOS] eCosCentric copyright hold in headers
@ 2004-04-08 12:22 Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-04-08 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Disuss; +Cc: Jonathan Larmour

Hi Jifl, Alex etc...

What is the correct way to indicate in a files copyright header that
it has been assigned to eCosCentric? Simply

Copyright (C) 2004 eCosCentric Ltd

like the RedHat line?

      Thanks
            Andrew

* [ECOS] Re: eCosCentric copyright hold in headers
@ 2004-04-08 12:44 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2004-04-08 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: eCos Disuss

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> Hi Jifl, Alex etc...
>
> What is the correct way to indicate in a files copyright header that
> it has been assigned to eCosCentric? Simply
>
> Copyright (C) 2004 eCosCentric Ltd
>
> like the RedHat line?

Yep. It should all get blasted away when the FSF assignment happens (don't
ask).

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Re: eCosCentric copyright hold in headers
@ 2004-04-09  7:08     ` Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2004-04-09  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: Jonathan Larmour, eCos Disuss

Andrew Lunn wrote:

[...]
>>Yep. It should all get blasted away when the FSF assignment happens (don't
>>ask).
>
> Which is my i asked. We should keep track of this just in case...

and for the benefit of all...

When I asked them face-to-face last week at ESCW, Red Hat were unable to
provide a date when the actual assignment to the FSF would happen.
Apparently everything has passed through legal and it is now a matter of
waiting for their engineer to become available to actually make the
assignment and header changes.

We could offer to do the changes for them but would need legal-sign off
from someone in Red Hat for all the files that would have their
copyright changed.  If we are going to help make this happen, I suggest
we provide Red Hat with a list of all the eCos files for which they hold
copyright and have them approve the list (in writing).  We can then make
the copyright changes and assignments to the FSF (including eCosCentric
and other maintainer held copyrights) in one go, which would make a lot
of sense.

-- Alex

Managing Director / CEO                              eCosCentric Limited
http://www.ecoscentric.com/                 The eCos and RedBoot experts