* [ECOS] Is eCos having this constrains
@ 2004-04-15  7:06 Prabhat Shrivastav
From: Prabhat Shrivastav @ 2004-04-15  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi

I have some doubt,
How many number of mutex you can initialize in your single project while using eCos . Is there any limitation other than memory constrains. I am talking about this memory constrains, since at the time of initializing the mutex the OS will allocate a memory for a queue (which will maintain the status of threads), and the queue size is depend upon the number of task using the same mutex variable.
Is my thinking is on right track. If its so than
****How many no of mutex variable you can initialize and use in single project.
****How many task can used the same mutex variable in order to resolve shared resource problem.
Is eCos having this constrains or POSIX is providing any guidelines for this.

Please let me know your valuable suggestions.

Regards
Prabhat Shrivastav

* Re: [ECOS] Is eCos having this constrains
@ 2004-04-15  8:32 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-04-15  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prabhat Shrivastav; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 11:43:48AM +0530, Prabhat Shrivastav wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some doubt,

> How many number of mutex you can initialize in your single project
> while using eCos . Is there any limitation other than memory
> constrains.

Memory is the only constraint. The queue of threads is built using
pointers which each thread already have, so there is no additional
memory required while the mutex is in operation.

       Andrew