* [ECOS] serial ports on eCos...
@ 2004-05-28  6:42 sabine moulayes
From: sabine moulayes @ 2004-05-28  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hello,

I would like to communicate with the serial ports on eCos, but I don't know
what are there names...
On linux the names are /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS2 and so on...
But what are they on eCos??
Can I use the fonction fopen like on linux???
(I use the C language)...
Thanks

Sabine Moulayes

* Re: [ECOS] serial ports on eCos...
@ 2004-05-28  8:04   ` Jani Monoses
From: Jani Monoses @ 2004-05-28  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

> The name depends on your hardware platform. Generally the device names
> are based on what the label says on the hardware. Read the ecos.ecc

I think it would be nice to have a hw independent naming scheme too. Many
times I tried running the same program on two different platforms one having
ser0 and ser1 while the other ser1 and ser2 and forgetting that ser0 is
invalid on the latter.
Also there can be cases when the app is supposed to run on any ecos platform
without modifications if possible. Admittedly this is not the most
frequent use of ecos but still it'd be nice.

Jani

* Re: [ECOS] serial ports on eCos...
@ 2004-05-28  8:04 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-05-28  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sabine moulayes; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 08:37:34AM +0200, sabine moulayes wrote:
> hello,
>
> I would like to communicate with the serial ports on eCos, but I don't know
> what are there names...
> On linux the names are /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS2 and so on...

The name depends on your hardware platform. Generally the device names
are based on what the label says on the hardware. Read the ecos.ecc
file. Look for CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_*. Its also worth RTFMing to find out
about the layering of serial devices used by eCos.

> But what are they on eCos??
> Can I use the fonction fopen like on linux???

Yes.

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] serial ports on eCos...
@ 2004-05-28  7:18 eibach