* [ECOS] How to compile C++ applications with eCos
@ 2004-06-18 22:50 Eric Castle
From: Eric Castle @ 2004-06-18 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: Maxwell Hunter

Hi everyone,

Currently I'm successfully compiling C programs for our Axiom board.  Here's
a sample compile line:

powerpc-eabi-gcc -g -I ../ecosMod060904/ecos_install/include/ start.c
alarms.c experiment.c i2c.c housekeeping.c flash.c -L
../ecosMod060904/ecos_install/lib/ -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib -o start

My program works just fine this way when I run it via gdb like this:

powerpc-eabi-gdb -nw start

(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
(gdb) load
(gdb) continue

And this works fine with my program and the sample programs.

However, if I switch it to using powerpc-eabi-g++ and alter the file
extensions from .c to .cpp, then nothing works.  I'm under the impression
after searching this list and such that C++ should work with eCos.  Is there
a different compile line and options that I need to use for this?  Does my
actual eCos library need to have some options enabled?

Thanks,

-Eric Castle

C&DH - FEGI
University of Michigan

* Re: [ECOS] How to compile C++ applications with eCos
       [not found] <E1BbSBe-000482-00@londo.lunn.ch>
@ 2004-06-19 13:59 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-06-19 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Castle; +Cc: ecos-discuss, Maxwell Hunter

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 06:50:08PM -0400, Eric Castle wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Currently I'm successfully compiling C programs for our Axiom board.  Here's
> a sample compile line:
>
> powerpc-eabi-gcc -g -I ../ecosMod060904/ecos_install/include/ start.c
> alarms.c experiment.c i2c.c housekeeping.c flash.c -L
> ../ecosMod060904/ecos_install/lib/ -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib -o start

*-gcc is just a wrapper which calls the correct compile for the
language indicated by the extension. ie if the extension is .c it will
call the c compiler, if its .cxx it will call the c++ compiler, if its
.f it will call the fortran compiler if it was available when gcc was
compiled etc.

So use the same command line, it should work.

        Andrew