* [ECOS] SH4 HAL
@ 2004-07-29  3:31 Jeff Cooper
From: Jeff Cooper @ 2004-07-29  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I'm working on a eCos port to the SH7760 (SH4) and I just noticed that the
following include files are duplicates from the SH3 archicture HAL.  The
register addresses changed between CPU's:
  mod_regs_dma.h
  mod_regs_pfc.h
  mod_regs_rtc.h

I'm working from the current CVS source.

Has anyone else found and fixed this?  If not, I'll make a patch and submit
it, but I didn't want to duplicate work.

thanks,
Jeff
--
Jeff Cooper
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

* Re: [ECOS] SH4 HAL
@ 2004-07-29  7:59 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2004-07-29  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeffc; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Jeff Cooper <jeffc@logicpd.com> writes:

> I'm working on a eCos port to the SH7760 (SH4) and I just noticed that the
> following include files are duplicates from the SH3 archicture HAL.  The
> register addresses changed between CPU's:
>   mod_regs_dma.h
>   mod_regs_pfc.h
>   mod_regs_rtc.h
>
> I'm working from the current CVS source.
>
> Has anyone else found and fixed this?  If not, I'll make a patch and submit
> it, but I didn't want to duplicate work.

These files were probably copied over when the SH4 HAL was cloned from
the SH3 one. Since eCos makes no use of these devices, the fact that
the addresses were bogus was probably never noticed.

A patch to fix this would be welcome. Take a look at
http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/patches.html for how to do it.

* Re: [ECOS] SH4 HAL
@ 2004-07-29 15:19   ` Jeff Cooper
From: Jeff Cooper @ 2004-07-29 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Garnett; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thursday 29 July 2004 02:52 am, Nick Garnett wrote:
> Jeff Cooper <jeffc@logicpd.com> writes:
>
> These files were probably copied over when the SH4 HAL was cloned from
> the SH3 one. Since eCos makes no use of these devices, the fact that
> the addresses were bogus was probably never noticed.
>
> A patch to fix this would be welcome. Take a look at
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/patches.html for how to do it.

Actually, that's not quite true.  It looks like if you define
CYGINT_IO_SERIAL_SH_SCIF_DMA there is a serial port driver
(devs/serial/sh/scif/current/src/sh_scif_serial.c) that uses DMA, but since
no one has complained, it must not be that common.

I'll work on a patch for this...

--
Jeff Cooper
Senior Embedded Software Engineer