* [ECOS] Re: HyperTerminal
       [not found] <20040801065307.86513.qmail@web53707.mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2004-08-02 10:50 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2004-08-02 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: Muna Hummady

Please keep the discussion on the ecos-discuss list. Directly
addressed messages may be ignored. Personal support is only available
on a consultancy basis.

Muna Hummady <muna_hummady@yahoo.com> writes:

> > hello
>  Please there is some thing I could'nt understand it
> and could'nt do it.
> When I'm doing on the host target
>         (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
> you tell me that the host is connected to the remote
> target and I could load any test file to the remote
> target through HyperTerminal. when I'm doing that
> instruction the remote target halted and the keyboard
> halted so i could'nt do anything on the remote target.
>
> please tell how to solve this problem?

This is not what I'm telling you at all. Run HyperTerminal without
running GDB to check that the target RedBoot is functioning
correctly. Only when you are sure of that should you then run GDB.

* [ECOS] Re: HyperTerminal
@ 2004-08-05  8:35   ` Muna Hummady
From: Muna Hummady @ 2004-08-05  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: Nick Garnett, amassa

--- Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com> wrote:

> Please keep the discussion on the ecos-discuss list.
> Directly
> addressed messages may be ignored. Personal support
> is only available
> on a consultancy basis.
>

> Muna Hummady <muna_hummady@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > > hello
> >  Please there is some thing I could'nt understand
> it
> > and could'nt do it.
> > When I'm doing on the host target
> >         (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
> > you tell me that the host is connected to the
> remote
> > target and I could load any test file to the
> remote
> > target through HyperTerminal. when I'm doing that
> > instruction the remote target halted and the
> keyboard
> > halted so i could'nt do anything on the remote
> target.
> >
> > please tell how to solve this problem?
>
> This is not what I'm telling you at all. Run
> HyperTerminal without
> running GDB to check that the target RedBoot is
> functioning
> correctly. Only when you are sure of that should you
> then run GDB.
>
> --
> Nick Garnett                    eCos Kernel
> Architect
> http://www.ecoscentric.com/     The eCos and RedBoot
> experts

hello freinds
I'm trying to talk to RedBoot via the serial port.
1-could you tell me who to run the HyperTerminal on
Linux.
It is the same of terminal?
What is the procedure to do this?

2- when I'm trying to connect RedBoot to the host
target (Linux)via serial port
can I use only one port for connection and debugging
test application without conflict, because I have one
port on my i386 PC????
                           Best regads
                           Muna

* [ECOS] Re: HyperTerminal
@ 2004-08-08 11:53   ` Muna Hummady
From: Muna Hummady @ 2004-08-08 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Garnett; +Cc: ecos-discuss, vibra

--- Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com> wrote:

> Please keep the discussion on the ecos-discuss list.
> Directly
> addressed messages may be ignored. Personal support
> is only available
> on a consultancy basis.
>

> Muna Hummady <muna_hummady@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > > hello
> >  Please there is some thing I could'nt understand
> it
> > and could'nt do it.
> > When I'm doing on the host target
> >         (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
> > you tell me that the host is connected to the
> remote
> > target and I could load any test file to the
> remote
> > target through HyperTerminal. when I'm doing that
> > instruction the remote target halted and the
> keyboard
> > halted so i could'nt do anything on the remote
> target.
> >
> > please tell how to solve this problem?
>
> This is not what I'm telling you at all. Run
> HyperTerminal without
> running GDB to check that the target RedBoot is
> functioning
> correctly. Only when you are sure of that should you
> then run GDB.
>
> --
> Nick Garnett                    eCos Kernel
> Architect
> http://www.ecoscentric.com/     The eCos and RedBoot
> experts

hello
1-I'm running the HyperTerminal on windows and I could
talk to RedBoot and run the (basic1.srec) program from
the (s/w development with eCos by Anthony Massa).

But I coud'nt run any of the test programs except
hello program.
how can I run them? If there any changes I must do it
before run them?

2- When I'm trying to debug the basic1 program using
gdb, i coud'nt.
I found in the mailing list,that I must enable the
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES
   A-When I'm trying to enable it in ecos.db.
     told me that no package appear in ecos.db with
this name.

   B- using
       ecosconfig add CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES
      told me that it is'nt a package.

   C- by editing the ecos.ecc and make its
      (user value 1)and enable others related with it.

      when doing ecosconfig tree
      it return disabled

Please tell me how to enable it!!!!!!!!!
                          Thanks
                          Muna