* RE: [ECOS] Inconsistency between the Open BSD  IP stack and the tests in version 2.0
@ 2004-08-17 16:45 Paul Riley
From: Paul Riley @ 2004-08-17 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

I may have the wrong stack, if so sorry, so to clarify the files
affected live in

packages\net\bsd_tcpip\v2_0\src\sys\netinet\in_pcb.c(194)
packages\net\bsd_tcpip\v2_0\src\sys\netinet6\in6_pcb.c(174)
packages\net\tcpip\v2_0\src\sys\netinet\in_pcb.c(284)

Paul

* RE: [ECOS] Inconsistency between the Open BSD  IP stack and the tests in version 2.0
@ 2004-08-17 16:59 Paul Riley
From: Paul Riley @ 2004-08-17 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

That will work as I've already done something similar. I was wonderring
if anyone knew why it was zeroed as there appears to be no good reason
that I can see.

As for OpenBSD. No I'm not sure, but the code looks pretty similar.

* RE: [ECOS] Inconsistency between the Open BSD  IP stack and the tests in version 2.0
@ 2004-08-17 16:51 Paul Riley
From: Paul Riley @ 2004-08-17 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

FreeBSD, I'm trying to get all the regression tests on our architecture,
but the problem is in both.

Paul

* [ECOS] Inconsistency between the Open BSD  IP stack and the tests in version 2.0
@ 2004-08-17 16:24 Paul Riley
From: Paul Riley @ 2004-08-17 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Unless I'm missing something there is an inconsistency between the Open
BSD stack and the io/fileio socket.c test.

It transpires that upon a call to bind then inside the function
in_pcbbind the port entry in the sockaddr_in structure is set to zero,
with the syntax

   sin->sin_port = 0;  /* yech... */

Why?

In addition this breaks the socket test as the subsequent connect is now
connecting to a port which is zero and this barfs. Now it's easy to fix
the test so that the port is set after the call to bind, however that
feels wrong. Does anyone know why this is zero'd out?

Thanks,

Paul