* [ECOS] jffs2 mount error for EB40A board
@ 2004-09-10  5:18 Ashish Chopra
From: Ashish Chopra @ 2004-09-10  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: ashuchopra14

Hi all
Need help I am trying to mount jffs2 file system in
EB40A board.
I made the jffs2 image using mkfs.jffs2 version 1.39 .
When I try to run the test fileio by first downloading
it to flash using redboot.It gives this error

jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not
found at 0x000000000: 0x708e instead
old JFFS2 bitmask found at 0x00002a30
you cannot use older JFFS2 filesystems with newer
kernels
cowardly refusing to erase blocks on filesystem with
no valid JFFS2 nodes
empty_blocks 0, bad_blocks 0. c->nr_blocks 2

mount() returned -1 I/O error.

please any information regarding that will be useful.
I tried using the -p option and -l option for making
the image.also image is made from updated mkfs.jffs2.
Still of no use.

Thanks in Advance
Ashish

* Re: [ECOS] jffs2 mount error for EB40A board
@ 2004-09-10  6:43 ` Andrew Lunn
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-09-10  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashish Chopra; +Cc: ecos-discuss, ashuchopra14

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 10:18:18PM -0700, Ashish Chopra wrote:

> Hi all
> Need help I am trying to mount jffs2 file system in
> EB40A board.
> I made the jffs2 image using mkfs.jffs2 version 1.39 .
> When I try to run the test fileio by first downloading
> it to flash using redboot.It gives this error
>

> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not
> found at 0x000000000: 0x708e instead
> old JFFS2 bitmask found at 0x00002a30
> you cannot use older JFFS2 filesystems with newer
> kernels

This is the major problem. Interestingly,

londo:/home/lunn/Junk# mkfs.jffs2 --version
mkfs.jffs2 revision 1.19

ie the one i use is older than yours, yet it still works fine for me!

I suggest you first use the jffs2.img provided rather than your
own. Get that working first so you at least know eCos is working OK.

        Andrew

* [ECOS] jffs filesystem bug
@ 2004-09-15  3:09   ` Ashish Chopra
From: Ashish Chopra @ 2004-09-15  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

hi

I have successfully installed the flash filesystem
using the test fileio.c program which is doing
whatever its intended to do perfectly.

Problem is when i run program for first time after
that jffs image is again written in block after 64kb

say if my image in flash is at location
0x1040000
then after i run the program, at location
0x1050000 , then at 0x1060000 ......so on my jffs.img
is written which causes the "magic bitmask 0x1985 not
found at...." warnings when i run the program second
time and so forth.

Its not creating problem as for now in test
environment but may be in final application. How can i
stop this.

Thanks in advance
Ashish

* [ECOS] jffs2 filesystem issues
@ 2004-09-17  0:33   ` Ashish Chopra
From: Ashish Chopra @ 2004-09-17  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi all

I have successfully installed the flash filesystem
using the test fileio.c program which is doing
whatever its intended to do perfectly.

Problem is when i run program for first time after
that jffs image is again written in block after 64kb
but without the node header.

say if my image in flash is at location
0x1040000
then after i run the program, at location
0x1050000 , then at 0x1060000 ......so on,jffs.img
is written which causes the "magic bitmask 0x1985 not
found at...." warnings when i run the program second
time and so forth. Program works fine even after the
warnings but how to solve this problem of copying of
image at some other location after the first run of
program.

Thanks in advance
Ashish

* [ECOS] need help for EB40A board
@ 2004-09-29  8:28   ` Ashish Chopra
From: Ashish Chopra @ 2004-09-29  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi

I was tring to implement jffs2 using eCos on EB40A
board. Somehow I screwed up the bootloader. Can anyone
tell me the inexpensive way to get it back running
again(to download the bootloader back to flash
memory).

I have Xilinx parallel Cable JTAG with me is it
compatible with ARM7 boards. I tried but couldnt if
this is posible I will again look into it.

Any help will be valuable.
Thanks
Ashish

* Re: [ECOS] need help for EB40A board
@ 2004-09-29  9:03     ` Robin Randhawa
From: Robin Randhawa @ 2004-09-29  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashish Chopra; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 22:52 -0700, Ashish Chopra wrote:
> Somehow I screwed up the bootloader.

Do you mean the Angel Bootloader that comes pre-loaded ?
If so, you might benefit from this link:
http://atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/EB40A_recovery.zip

> I have Xilinx parallel Cable JTAG with me is it
> compatible with ARM7 boards.

I have used the wiggler product for the EB40a manufactured by mcgregor.
Don't know about this one that you mention. But its worth a shot so long
as you have appropriate software to interact with the on chip JTAG
subsystem over the JTAG cable you mention.

Cheers,
Robin.