* [ECOS] Problems in building Redboot with ROM File System
@ 2004-09-16 13:56 Manoj Abraham
From: Manoj Abraham @ 2004-09-16 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn, ecos-discuss

Hai,

    Thanks for your reply. I tried to include ROM File System package while building image for Redboot. I also included following packages

  1. IO Subsystem
  2. eCos Kernel
  3. C Lib
  4. Linux Comp.layer
  5. File IO
  6. Posix File IO Comp. layer

I have selected the Base of ROM FS as 0xFE10000

When I give build it is giving the following error

make[1]: Leaving directory `/working/xalted/test/b_build/redboot/current'
ecos-c/cygwin/working/xalted/test/b_install/lib/extras.o: In function `fcc_eth_RxEvent':
make: Leaving directory `/working/xalted/test/b_build'
/ecos-c/cygwin/opt/ecos/updates/ecos/packages/devs/eth/powerpc/fcc/current/src/if_fcc.c:515: undefined reference to `sscanf'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/ecos-c/cygwin/working/xalted/test/b_install/bin/redboot.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

I am surprised to see that the file if_fcc.c doesnot use the fn sscanf()..

Can you please tell me what is the mistake I have made while selecting the pkges?

Thank you

Manoj K Abraham
Dept.of Comp. Sc,
M.I.T Manipal,
INDIA

From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-09-16 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manoj Abraham; +Cc: Andrew Lunn, ecos-discuss

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 09:55:22PM +0800, Manoj Abraham wrote:
> Hai,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I tried to include ROM File System package
> while building image for Redboot. I also included following packages

This seems a bit strange to me, although not totally
unreasonable. Please could you explain why you want to do this. Im
just woundering if you don't fully understand the eCos architecture
and are making a mistake, or there really is a reason you need a ROMFS
in redboot.

        Thanks
                Andrew