* Re: [ECOS] Help on JFFS2
       [not found] <20040920093935.7F009398198@ws5-1.us4.outblaze.com>
@ 2004-09-20 10:39 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-09-20 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manoj Abraham; +Cc: eCos Disuss

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 05:39:35PM +0800, Manoj Abraham wrote:
> Sir,

> Sorry for the disturbances I have made.I have already searched the
> sites and I couldn't find an answer. The man page I got describes
> only about the mkfs.jffs2 utility options. When I use the mkfs.jffs2
> I am always getting the following error,
>
>     $ mkfs.jffs2 -h
> /usr/bin/mkfs.jffs2: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

You should of said this the first time. We cannot help you if you
don't tell us what is wrong.

Your machine appears to think the program is a shell script. On my
system it is a binary executable. First thing to do it run file on it.

file /usr/bin/mkfs.jffs2

$ file /usr/bin/mkfs.jffs
/usr/bin/mkfs.jffs: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

If you really have a shell script, read it and see if you can find the
syntax error. If you have a binary it looks like its corrupt somehow.

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Help on JFFS2
@ 2004-09-20  9:24 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-09-20  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manoj Abraham; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 04:53:10PM +0800, Manoj Abraham wrote:
> Hi all,

> Thanks in advance. I am new to JFFS.  I want to use JFFS2 on my
> target flash. I downloaded the file mkfs.jffs2-1.16 . Can anybody
> tell me how to use this file to create
> the file system image? My target is based on MPC8260 and flash is
> Intel Strata Flash(32MB).

The manual page is a good place to start.

You will find you get a lot more useful help if you show you have at
least tried to solve your problems yourself.

http://www.softimage.net/smart_questions/smart-questions.en.html

        Andrew

* [ECOS] Help on JFFS2
@ 2004-09-20  9:03 Manoj Abraham
From: Manoj Abraham @ 2004-09-20  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,
	Thanks in advance. I am new to JFFS.  I want to use JFFS2 on my target flash. I downloaded the file mkfs.jffs2-1.16 . Can anybody tell me how to use this file to create
the file system image? My target is based on MPC8260 and flash is Intel Strata Flash(32MB).

Thanknig you

Manoj K Abraham,
Dept. of Computer Sc,
Manipal Institute of Technology,
Manipal,INDIA.
--
India.com free e-mail - www.india.com.
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for mail storage, POP3, e-mail forwarding, and ads-free mailboxes!