* [ECOS] Re : [ECOS] Thread priority related query related
@ 2005-03-09  3:37 R. Vamshi Krishna
From: R. Vamshi Krishna @ 2005-03-09  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

First sorry for the mistake in the subject line.
It is periodicity and not priority.

I want to run a few threads. I want to ensure that the scheduler
schedules them such that
there is a guarantee that the thread will be executed once every 't'
time units.

I will include the MLQ scheduler.

The t will be the periodicity.

* Re: [ECOS] Re : [ECOS] Thread priority related query related
@ 2005-03-09  6:57 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-03-09  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: R. Vamshi Krishna; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 02:33:07AM +0530, R. Vamshi Krishna wrote:
> First sorry for the mistake in the subject line.
> It is periodicity and not priority.
>
> I want to run a few threads. I want to ensure that the scheduler
> schedules them such that
> there is a guarantee that the thread will be executed once every 't'
> time units.
>
> I will include the MLQ scheduler.
>
> The t will be the periodicity.

There is no such thing as a guarantee.....

Anyway, a simply scheme would be to have a timer set to call a DSR
with period t. Each thread then waits on a different semaphore. The
DSR posts on the semaphores so waking the treads. You can acheive
something similar using flags.

        Andrew