From: "twomol" <twomol@bj1860.net>
To: "ecos-discuss" <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: [ECOS] It's very strange about the TFTP load code!
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:04:00 -0000	[thread overview]

All,hello!
         I'm using mx1ads with redboot downloaded from freescale.com. May be I am	supposed to consult freescale not here. But it's about the common tftp code.So if
any one could help ,I'll be very appreciate!
		I can't use tftp to load file from host:
		RedBoot> load -r -b 0x50000 redboot.bin
		Using default protocol (TFTP)
		Can't load 'redboot.bin': illegal TFTP operation
		I checked the source , "There is no function set"  equal to "TFTP_EBADOP" defined in tftp_surppot.h. but I didn't find any function have code to set the feild 'err' of 'getc_info' with this value.
		I found that  the error messge is printed by the following code (in redboot_gec_init):

		res = (funcs->open)(info, &getc_info.err);
   		 if (res < 0) {
        diag_printf("Can't load '%s': %s\n", info->filename, (funcs->error)(getc_info.err));
            return res;
         }

    I didn't found any code in the tftp_stream_open function set the  err with TFTP_EBADOP.
    I use multiice-gdb-server and insight to debug this code , from insight ,I found that sometims funcs->open's value isn't
 the address of  tftp_stream_open, and it's not a fixed value.
     After return from  funcs->open, the getc_info.err become 4 (i.e.TFTP_EBADOP).
     My toolchain is the one downloaded from ecoscentirc.com
	 I can load file use xmodem and http protocol.
      Any ideas?
     Much Thanks!

            Regards

        twomol