* [ECOS] ecosconfig is ignoring environment variable ECOS_REPOSITORY!
@ 2005-09-27 16:30 Andrew Voelkel
From: Andrew Voelkel @ 2005-09-27 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I'm trying to get up to speed with ecosconfig, since configtool seems to be
quite flaky on my machine (GUI problems, like intermittently refusing to
show the output window and/or the build tree). The command line tool isn't
as desirable for me, but what the heck, ya do what ya gotta do ...

Anyway, ecosconfig seems to ignore the environment variable ECO_REPOSITORY,
which the documentation is the default search path for the repository!

This baffles me.

Imagine the silliness of putting a line in my .bashrc file which reads:

Alias ecosconfig='/path-to-actual-ecosconfig-executable
--srcdir=$ECOS_REPOSITORY'

But that is exactly what I have to do to get it to work as advertised.

What's up?

I'm running WinXP/Cygwin

Thanks!

- Andy

* Re: [ECOS] ecosconfig is ignoring environment variable ECOS_REPOSITORY!
@ 2005-09-27 18:11 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-09-27 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Voelkel; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 15:55 -0700, Andrew Voelkel wrote:
> I'm trying to get up to speed with ecosconfig, since configtool seems to be
> quite flaky on my machine (GUI problems, like intermittently refusing to
> show the output window and/or the build tree). The command line tool isn't
> as desirable for me, but what the heck, ya do what ya gotta do ...
>
> Anyway, ecosconfig seems to ignore the environment variable ECO_REPOSITORY,
> which the documentation is the default search path for the repository!
>
> This baffles me.
>
> Imagine the silliness of putting a line in my .bashrc file which reads:
>
> Alias ecosconfig='/path-to-actual-ecosconfig-executable
> --srcdir=$ECOS_REPOSITORY'
>
> But that is exactly what I have to do to get it to work as advertised.

export ECOS_REPOSITORY=<path>

Run this directly, or put it in your .bashrc file

Exactly what did you try that did not work?

* RE: [ECOS] ecosconfig is ignoring environment variableECOS_REPOSITORY!
@ 2005-09-27 19:11   ` Andrew Voelkel
From: Andrew Voelkel @ 2005-09-27 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gary Thomas'; +Cc: 'eCos Discussion'

>> Imagine the silliness of putting a line in my .bashrc file which reads:
>>
>> Alias ecosconfig='/path-to-actual-ecosconfig-executable
>> --srcdir=$ECOS_REPOSITORY'
>>
>> But that is exactly what I have to do to get it to work as advertised.
>
>export ECOS_REPOSITORY=<path>

>Run this directly, or put it in your .bashrc file

One of the wonderful things about learning a completely new toolset is
getting to feel like a complete idiot when you forget things that should be
"obvious". I had completely forgotten about the need to export variables to
the "environment".

>Exactly what did you try that did not work?

ECOS_REPOSITORY=<path>

Thanks, Gary!

- Andy