* [ECOS] cvs: has packages/net/ disappeared ?
@ 2005-10-13 20:03 Alexander Neundorf
From: Alexander Neundorf @ 2005-10-13 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

neither an cvs update nor webcvs show the subdirectory packages/net/ anymore ?
What's going on there ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Alex

* Re: [ECOS] cvs: has packages/net/ disappeared ?
@ 2005-10-13 20:48 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-10-13 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Neundorf; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 10:03:41PM +0200, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>

> neither an cvs update nor webcvs show the subdirectory packages/net/
> anymore ?  What's going on there ? Am I doing something wrong ?

net and snmp are in a seperate repository, ecos-opt.

If you checkout the module ecos it will combine both the main
reporitory and ecos-opt. If you checkout without specifying the ecos
module it just checks out the main repository.

See the instructions at

http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html

and follow exactly what it says...

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] cvs: has packages/net/ disappeared ?
@ 2005-10-14  9:00   ` David Vrabel
From: David Vrabel @ 2005-10-14  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> net and snmp are in a seperate repository, ecos-opt.

Is there a reason for this wacky layout of the eCos repository? It
prevents checking out ecos into a directory other than ecos/ and when
you ecos update it promptly pulls in all the bits you omitted (mostly
~100 Mbyte of images...) when you checked out.

David Vrabel
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom, Clifton Road           Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Cambridge CB1 7EA, UK         Web: http://www.arcom.com/

* Re: [ECOS] cvs: has packages/net/ disappeared ?
@ 2005-10-14 10:27     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-10-14 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Vrabel; +Cc: Andrew Lunn, ecos-discuss

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 10:00:14AM +0100, David Vrabel wrote:
> Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > net and snmp are in a seperate repository, ecos-opt.
>
> Is there a reason for this wacky layout of the eCos repository? It
> prevents checking out ecos into a directory other than ecos/ and when
> you ecos update it promptly pulls in all the bits you omitted (mostly
> ~100 Mbyte of images...) when you checked out.

net was kept seperate because it is big. At the time it was considered
optional since not so many systems used networking. Since then times
have changed. Networking is now much more common and developers have
faster network links to the repository.

It has been talked about rearranging the repository when eCos 3.0
finally happens. I think at that point net will be merged into the
main repository and probably the images will be moved out.

        Andrew