* [ECOS] help!! ecos
@ 2005-10-18 10:30 siva
From: siva @ 2005-10-18 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

i am new to ecos ,i do not know how to install ecos os to Soekris
board type net4521 [x86 architecture]. I am went through all the given
document .it is not sufficient to me.
i download ecos-2.0 and installed on my linux system.

What do I generate with my Config Tool ?
Where is usually loicated the tagret binaries generated from Config Tool ?
How can I transfer the binaries to the target ?
Do I need to boot the target with RedBoot Floppy Disk or Flash drive ?
Where can I find more DETAILED infos (manuals are not clear about this final
section) ?

please reply to me
siva.s

* Re: [ECOS] Help eCos
@ 2002-05-14  0:03 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2002-05-14  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francesco Regazzoni; +Cc: eCos Discuss

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 12:53, Francesco Regazzoni wrote:
> Now, to run eCos and application under eCos(from floppy, hard disk or
> serial cable) what I have to to?

Use the docs, Luke.

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tutorials/i386pc/ecos-tutorial.e.html#pgfId=2293701

Jesper

* [ECOS] Help eCos
@ 2002-05-09  2:34 Francesco Regazzoni
From: Francesco Regazzoni @ 2002-05-09  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Dear anyone,

I'm trying to run eCos on an i586 (it's only to try and I haven't a 386).

I buildt an ecos system under linux using:

ecosconfig -v new pc redboot

Then I added some packages:

- CYGPKG_MEMALLOC
- CYGPKG_CYGMON
- CYGPKG_KERNEL

Then, to have even redboot.bin file:

ecosconfig -v --no-resolve import
.../packages/hal/i386/pc/current/misc/redboot_FLOPPY.ecm

I need to solve 1 conflict:

CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR. "requires" constraint not satisfied:
!CYGHWR_HAL_I386_FPU_SWITCH_LAZY
Possible solution:
CYGHWR_HAL_I386_FPU_SWITHC_LAZY -> 0 (disabled)

I solve it, then

ecosconfig -v tree
make

I copied the file redboot.bin on floppy, and I reboot from it
and I had redboot prompt.

Now, to run eCos and application under eCos(from floppy, hard disk or
serial cable) what I have to to?

Thanks for the help.

Francesco