* [ECOS] Where's per-thread data implementation?
@ 2005-11-15  6:58 Paul D. DeRocco
From: Paul D. DeRocco @ 2005-11-15  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discuss

I've found a declaration for thread_data in thread.hxx, and the code to
clear it out in thread.cxx, along with the code to allocate slots in it. But
where is the code that actually accesses this array? I'm looking for the
source for Cyg_Thread::get_data, etc., but a global text search didn't turn
it up. Where is it?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco

* Re: [ECOS] Where's per-thread data implementation?
@ 2005-11-26 15:42 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2005-11-26 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul D. DeRocco; +Cc: eCos Discuss

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 10:58:24PM -0800, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> I've found a declaration for thread_data in thread.hxx, and the code to
> clear it out in thread.cxx, along with the code to allocate slots in it. But
> where is the code that actually accesses this array? I'm looking for the
> source for Cyg_Thread::get_data, etc., but a global text search didn't turn
> it up. Where is it?

packages/kernel/current/include/thread.inl:486:

inline CYG_ADDRWORD Cyg_Thread::get_data( Cyg_Thread::cyg_data_index index )
{
    CYG_ASSERT( index < CYGNUM_KERNEL_THREADS_DATA_MAX,
                "Per thread data index out of bounds");
    CYG_ASSERT( (thread_data_map & (1<<index)) == 0,
                "Unallocated index used");

    return self()->thread_data[index];
}

        Andrew