* [ECOS] Redboot CAN bootloader ?
@ 2006-02-16  8:21 Martijn Hazenberg
From: Martijn Hazenberg @ 2006-02-16  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

Has anyone ever tried to extend the functionality of Redboot with the
option to load the programm by CAN bus ?

Best regards,

Martijn

* Re: [ECOS] Redboot CAN bootloader ?
@ 2006-02-16  9:11 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-02-16  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martijn Hazenberg; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:22:06AM +0100, Martijn Hazenberg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone ever tried to extend the functionality of Redboot with the
> option to load the programm by CAN bus ?

I know nearly nothing about CAN bus. So i have some basic
questions.....

What sort of protocol usually runs over CAN? RedBoot either expects
RS232 like communication or ethernet packets. Is there a well defined
way to do something like this or are we talking about a propriatary
protocol? What is on the other end of the bus? Is there a CAN bus
eqivelent or minicom/hyperterm/kermit?

        Andrew