* [ECOS] Re: Fail booting from P30
@ 2006-03-28 23:44 Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-03-28 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yh; +Cc: eCos Disuss

> BTW, the following location for downloading redboot user guide pdf file
> has been broken. Where can I download redboot user guild pdf file from?
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/pdf/redboot.pdf

The pdf was moved from there quite a while ago:

lunn@londo:~/eCos/htdocs/docs-latest/pdf$ cvs log redboot.pdf
RCS file: /cvs/ecos/htdocs/docs-latest/pdf/Attic/redboot.pdf,v
Working file: redboot.pdf
head: 1.3
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
keyword substitution: b
total revisions: 3;     selected revisions: 3
----------------------------
revision 1.3
date: 2001/05/02 01:54:36;  author: jlarmour;  state: dead;  lines: +0 -0
Move to beside rest of redboot docs

I don't know where exactly it was moved to. Jifl?

Anyway, you can build it yourself with:

make pdfa4
or
make pdfletter

in the packages/redboot/current/doc directory.

        Andrew

* [ECOS] Possible omission in Lwip?
@ 2006-04-03 12:18 ` Birahim Larou Fall
From: Birahim Larou Fall @ 2006-04-03 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Disuss

In file  eCos\packages\net\lwip_tcpip\current\include\lwip,  struct
timeval is defined if LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE is defined, but function
lwip_select() use struct timeval as an argument and it's declared in
sockets.h with or without LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE defined. Of course LWIP
compile witout any error because each time that sockets is included,
LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE is first defined.
/*
 * only define this in api_sockets_wrapper.c so it does not interfere
 * with other projects namespaces where timeval is present
 */
#ifdef LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE
  struct timeval {
    long    tv_sec;         /* seconds */
    long    tv_usec;        /* and microseconds */
  };
#endif

int lwip_select(int maxfdp1, fd_set *readset, fd_set *writeset, fd_set
*exceptset,
                struct timeval *timeout);
Fall Birahim
Digital TV Firmware Engineer
Elsys Design for SCM Microsystems

* Re: [ECOS] Possible omission in Lwip?
@ 2006-04-09 11:41   ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-04-09 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Birahim Larou Fall; +Cc: eCos Disuss

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 02:12:43PM +0200, Birahim Larou Fall wrote:
> In file  eCos\packages\net\lwip_tcpip\current\include\lwip,  struct
> timeval is defined if LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE is defined, but function
> lwip_select() use struct timeval as an argument and it's declared in
> sockets.h with or without LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE defined. Of course LWIP
> compile witout any error because each time that sockets is included,
> LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE is first defined.
> /*
>  * only define this in api_sockets_wrapper.c so it does not interfere
>  * with other projects namespaces where timeval is present
>  */
> #ifdef LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE
>   struct timeval {
>     long    tv_sec;         /* seconds */
>     long    tv_usec;        /* and microseconds */
>   };
> #endif
>
> int lwip_select(int maxfdp1, fd_set *readset, fd_set *writeset, fd_set
> *exceptset,
>                 struct timeval *timeout);

So what is the problem?

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Possible omission in Lwip?
@ 2006-04-10 15:35     ` Birahim Larou Fall
From: Birahim Larou Fall @ 2006-04-10 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: eCos Disuss

The problem, Mr Andrew, is that I include
eCos\packages\net\lwip_tcpip\current\include\lwip in my source file and I
don't want to define LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE (because I don't use TIMEVAL) so
IT generates an error.
Fall Birahim
Digital TV Firmware Engineer
Elsys Design for SCM Microsystems

Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Sent by: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
09/04/2006 13:41

Birahim Larou Fall <BLFall@scmmicro.fr>
cc
eCos Disuss <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Subject
Re: [ECOS] Possible omission in Lwip?

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 02:12:43PM +0200, Birahim Larou Fall wrote:
> In file  eCos\packages\net\lwip_tcpip\current\include\lwip,  struct
> timeval is defined if LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE is defined, but function
> lwip_select() use struct timeval as an argument and it's declared in
> sockets.h with or without LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE defined. Of course LWIP
> compile witout any error because each time that sockets is included,
> LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE is first defined.
> /*
>  * only define this in api_sockets_wrapper.c so it does not interfere
>  * with other projects namespaces where timeval is present
>  */
> #ifdef LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE
>   struct timeval {
>     long    tv_sec;         /* seconds */
>     long    tv_usec;        /* and microseconds */
>   };
> #endif
>
> int lwip_select(int maxfdp1, fd_set *readset, fd_set *writeset, fd_set
> *exceptset,
>                 struct timeval *timeout);

So what is the problem?

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Possible omission in Lwip?
@ 2006-04-10 17:54       ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-04-10 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Birahim Larou Fall; +Cc: eCos Disuss

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 05:30:39PM +0200, Birahim Larou Fall wrote:
> The problem, Mr Andrew, is that I include
> eCos\packages\net\lwip_tcpip\current\include\lwip in my source file

That is a directory, not a file, so you cannot #include it.

It looks like you should be including

<lwip/network.h>

> and I
> don't want to define LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE (because I don't use TIMEVAL) so
> IT generates an error.

This also does not look right either

lunn@londo:~/eCos/anoncvs-clean/packages/net/lwip_tcpip/current/include$ grep -n -r LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRI *
lwip/sockets.h:212:#ifndef LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE
lwip/sockets.h:213:#define LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE 1
lwip/sockets.h:216:#if LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE

212:#ifndef LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE
213:#define LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE 1
214:#endif
215:
216:#if LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE
  struct timeval {
    long    tv_sec;         /* seconds */
    long    tv_usec;        /* and microseconds */
  };
#endif

So unless you have defined LWIP_TIMEVAL_PRIVATE timeval will be
declared. However all this is inside #ifndef FD_SET so that could be
the cause of the problem.

Please provide a test case that i can compile and see the error.

        Andrew