* [ECOS] How to recover from TCP/IP No buffer space available
@ 2006-04-07 13:14 Paul Randall
From: Paul Randall @ 2006-04-07 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi All,

We have built a board which is based on the A&M Rattler board.  It has a
Freescale 8270 processor.

We are using the board to stream UDP packets containing video to another
board.  This works for several hours, but at some point the transmitting
board gets a 'No buffer space available' error when calling sendto().
When I get this error, I stop sending UDP packets for a few seconds,
then try again.  I get the 'No buffer space available' error again.  No
matter how many times I try to resend the packet, I get this error.

How can I recover from this situation short of resetting the board?

Paul

* Re: [ECOS] How to recover from TCP/IP No buffer space available
@ 2006-04-07 13:17 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-04-07 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Randall; +Cc: ecos-discuss

>On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 09:13:57AM -0400, Paul Randall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have built a board which is based on the A&M Rattler board.  It has a
> Freescale 8270 processor.
>
> We are using the board to stream UDP packets containing video to another
> board.  This works for several hours, but at some point the transmitting
> board gets a 'No buffer space available' error when calling sendto().
> When I get this error, I stop sending UDP packets for a few seconds,
> then try again.  I get the 'No buffer space available' error again.  No
> matter how many times I try to resend the packet, I get this error.
>
> How can I recover from this situation short of resetting the board?

Find the leak!

My guess is you are leaking mbufs or clusters and it is probably your
ethernet drive which is the problem.

        Andrew