* [ECOS] PowerPC simulator
@ 2006-04-17 13:34 neuwald
From: neuwald @ 2006-04-17 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi everyone,

I tried buid an simple application that read the keyboard and recorde a text in
a file, and selected the PowerPC simulator template  on configtool and enabled
file I/O support, but the application doesn't work. I would like to know if
it's possible to run application of kind in PowerPC simulator?
I generated a hello world application and run with sucess!!!
Anyone can you help me, please???

Regards,

Neuwald

* Re: [ECOS] PowerPC Simulator
@ 2000-06-14 11:26 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-06-14 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amassa; +Cc: jskov, ecos-discuss

"amassa@cts.com" wrote:

> I couldn't find the gdb.ini file it mentions in the documentation so I setup
> these parameters defining psim using the console window (is there another
> way?).

Just to be sure, I'd recommend you start GDB with the "-nw" option, i.e.
don't use Insight. Then use it like the console window, i.e.:

target sim -o '/iobus/pal@0xf0001000/reg 0xf0001000 32'
load

If that works, then the place to add these options in Insight is under
File->Target Settings: choose "Simulator" and then put the sim arguments
(as above) into the Options box.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] PowerPC Simulator
@ 2000-06-14  9:19 amassa
From: amassa @ 2000-06-14  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jskov, ecos-discuss

I couldn't find the gdb.ini file it mentions in the documentation so I setup
these parameters defining psim using the console window (is there another
way?).

However, the same problem exists where the twothreads example stops at line
104 of haldiag.c.

Jesper Skov <jskov@redhat.com> writes:

>amassa@cts> I am having troubles running code using the PowerPC
>amassa@cts> simulator.  Running the examples, using GDB 5.0, the code
>amassa@cts> seems to always stop when a call is made to
>amassa@cts> HAL_DIAG_WRITE_CHAR.  Does anyone know what I am doing
>amassa@cts> wrong - is it a configuration problem?
>
>Are you using the simulator arguments specified in the documentation?
>These "enable" the serial port simulation.
>
>Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] PowerPC Simulator
@ 2000-06-14  2:01 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-06-14  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amassa; +Cc: ecos-discuss

amassa@cts> I am having troubles running code using the PowerPC
amassa@cts> simulator.  Running the examples, using GDB 5.0, the code
amassa@cts> seems to always stop when a call is made to
amassa@cts> HAL_DIAG_WRITE_CHAR.  Does anyone know what I am doing
amassa@cts> wrong - is it a configuration problem?

Are you using the simulator arguments specified in the documentation?
These "enable" the serial port simulation.

Jesper

* [ECOS] PowerPC Simulator
@ 2000-06-13 10:42 amassa
From: amassa @ 2000-06-13 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I am having troubles running code using the PowerPC simulator.  Running the
examples, using GDB 5.0, the code seems to always stop when a call is made
to HAL_DIAG_WRITE_CHAR.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong - is it a
configuration problem?

Thanks.