* Re: [ECOS] Multi-cast mode warning
@ 2006-06-30  7:26 FALL
From: FALL @ 2006-06-30  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss, Tim Hatton

FALL Birahim
Elsys-Design
PACA

>Thanks Gary,
>That's was my assumption, I just wanted to hear it from someone else,
>Thanks again,
>Tim

Tim, please help! Gary is right "Multi-cast mode warning" means you will not support IGMP, that's all.

Sent via the WebMail system at elsys-design.com

* [ECOS] Multi-cast mode warning
@ 2006-06-29  7:09 Tim Hatton
From: Tim Hatton @ 2006-06-29  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,
I am currently in the process of try to get eCos (2.0.43)  running on our
own hardware which uses a DP83848 PHY. I have used the exisiting DP83847
driver (which came with eCos) as a base and I have got to the stage where
the ethernet link is established. I am however getting the following warning
message when initialising the network:

[eth_drv_ioctl] Warning: Driver can't set multi-cast mode

Now, if everything worked I wouldn't be worried about this, but I don't seem
to be getting any IP packets out of the hardware (eCos is trying to send
DHCP discovery messages but they aren't coming out to the ethernet). I
suspect this may be a hardware issue but, I would like some confirm that the
warning above is or isn't anything I need to look into.

My understanding of multi-cast mode is that I shouldn't need it or care but
if anyone could confirm or deny this I'd be very grateful.
Best regards,
Tim Hatton
Coherent Research Ltd
UK