* [ECOS] reg ppp support
@ 2006-07-26  4:58 rakesh reddy
From: rakesh reddy @ 2006-07-26  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
       Iam using ecos 2.0 version only. I have already
downloaded the ppp package from anonycvs. The problem
is how do i make it appear in the list of available
packages in the ecos configuration tool?? Can anyone
please suggest me some tutorial or other study
material which can help me in adding new packages to
the ecos configuration tool??

              Thanks in advance

with regards
K.Rakesh Reddy

* Re: [ECOS] reg ppp support
@ 2006-07-26  9:47 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2006-07-26  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

rakesh reddy <rrkandula@yahoo.co.in> writes:

> Hi all,
>        Iam using ecos 2.0 version only. I have already
> downloaded the ppp package from anonycvs. The problem
> is how do i make it appear in the list of available
> packages in the ecos configuration tool?? Can anyone
> please suggest me some tutorial or other study
> material which can help me in adding new packages to
> the ecos configuration tool??

The straight answer to your question is that you also need to copy
over the PPP package entry in the ecos.db file.

However, I don't think we can guarantee that the PPP package out of
anoncvs will necessarily work with V2.0. Why not use anoncvs instead
of V2.0?

--
Nick Garnett                                 eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com            The eCos and RedBoot experts