* [ECOS] Re : [ECOS] enable 8/16 bit flash in eCos
@ 2006-12-21  8:18 ayoub zaki
From: ayoub zaki @ 2006-12-21  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

hello,

No I have only one flash, but I have 2 different board one with Intel J3 (8bit) and other board with intel P30 (16bit), but my purpose is to use only one version of redboot (one binary) for both.

Regards,

zak
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-12-21  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ayoub zaki; +Cc: Andrew Lunn, ecos-discuss

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 08:18:47AM +0000, ayoub zaki wrote:
> hello,
>

> No I have only one flash, but I have 2 different board one with
> Intel J3 (8bit) and other board with intel P30 (16bit), but my
> purpose is to use only one version of redboot (one binary) for
> both.

That boils down to the same problem. You need two different device
drivers in your binary at the same time, of which only one will be
used. The flash_v2 branch supports this. When the driver starts it
will probe the hardware to see if the device it is supposed to driver
exists. If not it does nothing, leaving the memory space free for the
second driver to control, if it probes successfully.

       Andrew