* [ECOS] Non-GCC compiler
@ 2007-07-12  5:27 Slide
From: Slide @ 2007-07-12  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Has anyone been able to get eCos compiling with a non-GCC based
compiler? The processor I would like to port to does not have a GCC
toolchain available.

Thanks,

slide

* Re: [ECOS] Non-GCC compiler
@ 2007-07-12  8:10 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-07-12  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Slide; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 10:27:08PM -0700, Slide wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get eCos compiling with a non-GCC based
> compiler? The processor I would like to port to does not have a GCC
> toolchain available.

It must be some exotic processor if gcc does not support it.  It will
be a lot of hard work porting eCos to another tool chain.  Do you have
the source code to the tool chain you intend to use? You might find it
useful when you come to work around some of the GCC extensions which
eCos uses, eg constructor ordering, HAL tables etc.

     Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Non-GCC compiler
@ 2007-07-13  3:34   ` Alexander Neundorf
       [not found]     ` <a623f7d10707122136y6e4ae833l4ad2cb99f3dde6b0@mail.gmail.com>
From: Alexander Neundorf @ 2007-07-13  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: Slide

On Thursday 12 July 2007 04:10, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 10:27:08PM -0700, Slide wrote:
> > Has anyone been able to get eCos compiling with a non-GCC based
> > compiler? The processor I would like to port to does not have a GCC
> > toolchain available.
>
> It must be some exotic processor if gcc does not support it.  It will
> be a lot of hard work porting eCos to another tool chain.  Do you have
> the source code to the tool chain you intend to use? You might find it
> useful when you come to work around some of the GCC extensions which
> eCos uses, eg constructor ordering, HAL tables etc.

Some compilers claim to be compatible to gccs extensions, e.g. GreenHills
(http://www.ghs.com/products/optimizingC++EC++Compilers.html). Which
toolchain is it ?

Alex

* [ECOS] Fwd: [ECOS] Non-GCC compiler