* [ECOS] Multiple flash
@ 2007-12-18 15:02 Syed Ismail
From: Syed Ismail @ 2007-12-18 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi
  Thanks to your help, we have redboot and linux working on our board. I have a 512MB unused nand flash since i boot from nor. I would like to know if i can use nand flash and nor flash at the same time from redboot? (drivers for both are there).If yes how do i do it. If i could do that, Will images in nand and nor be listed under the same fis directory. I heard something about flash_v2branch. what,s it do? I dont find it in code.i use ecos-2.0. Any help appreciated. Thank You

* Re: [ECOS] Multiple flash
@ 2007-12-18 15:15 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2007-12-18 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Syed Ismail; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 06:37:26PM -0000, Syed Ismail wrote:

> Hi

> Thanks to your help, we have redboot and linux working on our
> board. I have a 512MB unused nand flash since i boot from nor. I
> would like to know if i can use nand flash and nor flash at the same
> time from redboot? (drivers for both are there).If yes how do i do
> it. If i could do that, Will images in nand and nor be listed under
> the same fis directory. I heard something about
> flash_v2branch. what,s it do? I dont find it in code.i use
> ecos-2.0. Any help appreciated. Thank You

flash_v2 branch is in anonymous CVS. Take a look at

http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html

for an introduction to getting eCos via CVS. You need to use the
branch, not the trunk.

You then need to modify one of your drivers to make use of the new
flash API. The other one can stay the same. Redboot will then see both
flash and you can have one fis directory for both.

      Andrew