Hello, Currently I try out some different Microcontrollers for which I have bought Evaluation Boards. Uff, I have problems to choose the right one. OK, I have two projects where the first one use a USB-Periperial Controller to connect to the Computer and the second project use Ethernet and should have a Webserver integrated (like the DS80C411). The USB-Variant should identify itself as all other devices and is a /dev/ttyUSBx. The software connecting to it should be standard UPS software like the one of APC which output a bunch of status informations about the UPS. OK, internaly the two are nearly the same, but now, I do not know, which Hardware to use, since I have to get Amperes/Volt, Temperature, ... Problem: The sensors are on plug-in modules and they should identify itself to the system, which mean, each module must have an ID "for what it is" and a serialnumber. So the question is Maxim/Dallas 1-Wire or Philips I²C? How is the support of eCos for 1-Wire and/or I²C? I realy like to use a highly integrated µC with System-on-Chip where I prefer ARM based ones. (MIPS would do it to, but I do not like it realy much since then I have to maintain and additional architecture, where I am currently working with SPARC, i386, amd64 and ARM) And of course, the Microcontroller should be not more expensive as arround 12US$ or 10Euro @1000. Thanks, Greetings and nice Day Michelle Konzack Systemadministrator 24V Electronic Engineer Tamay Dogan Network Debian GNU/Linux Consultant -- Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/ ##################### Debian GNU/Linux Consultant ##################### Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886 +49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi +33/6/61925193 67100 Strasbourg/France IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)