* [ECOS] help me in porting!!
@ 2008-11-21 12:58 abhishek srivastava
From: abhishek srivastava @ 2008-11-21 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

while we build for any target using configuration tool, it produces three file viz
file_install, file_built, file_mlt.

now which file contain the binary file that needed to be converted to hex for porting onto target, using flash utility??

can anyone plz plz spare some time to write the detailed procedure of porting ecos to LPC2148,plz mail me.......i really need tht.....
had none of you ever done this porting????.
i really could not found anywhere and is really trying hard to get tht.

      Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta! Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/win/

* Re: [ECOS] help me in porting!!
@ 2008-11-21 13:17 ` Simon Kallweit
From: Simon Kallweit @ 2008-11-21 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: just_abhi22; +Cc: ecos-discuss

abhishek srivastava wrote:
> while we build for any target using configuration tool, it produces three file viz
> file_install, file_built, file_mlt.
>
> now which file contain the binary file that needed to be converted to hex for porting onto target, using flash utility??

These are folders and not files. They contain sources, libraries,
include files etc. You need to build (compile) first before you get a
binary which can then be flashed on the target hardware.

> can anyone plz plz spare some time to write the detailed procedure of porting ecos to LPC2148,plz mail me.......i really need tht.....
> had none of you ever done this porting????.

Please follow the other mails I have sent you. You need to do a lot of
reading and trying before coming back here and post questions like
these, as you obviously still have a lot of confusion with the basics.
Read read read !

> i really could not found anywhere and is really trying hard to get tht.

Try harder, really, because nobody will help you with "step-by-step"
instructions here. If you need professional support, buy a license from
eCosCentric, they offer ready-to-run ECOS ports.

Best regards
Simon

* Re: [ECOS] help me in porting!!
@ 2008-11-21 13:23   ` Chris Holgate
From: Chris Holgate @ 2008-11-21 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 13:24 +0100, Simon Kallweit wrote:
> abhishek srivastava wrote:

> > can anyone plz plz spare some time to write the detailed procedure of porting ecos to LPC2148,plz mail me.......i really need tht.....
> > had none of you ever done this porting????.
> >

> Please follow the other mails I have sent you. You need to do a lot of
> reading and trying before coming back here and post questions like
> these, as you obviously still have a lot of confusion with the basics.
> Read read read !

I would add that porting to a new platform requires quite a bit of
experience, and that it is much better to start out by using one of the
boards that are supported by the ports in CVS.  There is a supported LPC
board from Olimex (the LPC-P2106) which is cheap and will allow you to
go through the tutorials and get up to speed before worrying about
porting to a new platform.  In fact, a lot of people don't bother with
their own ports at all - there are a lot of production boards out there
which are essentially standard, supported dev boards with the unused
bits left off.

Chris.

* Re: [ECOS] help me in porting!!
@ 2008-11-21 14:58     ` Sergei Gavrikov
From: Sergei Gavrikov @ 2008-11-21 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Holgate; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 01:03:23PM +0000, Chris Holgate wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 13:24 +0100, Simon Kallweit wrote:
> > abhishek srivastava wrote:
>
> > > can anyone plz plz spare some time to write the detailed procedure of porting ecos to LPC2148,plz mail me.......i really need tht.....
> > > had none of you ever done this porting????.
> > >

> > Please follow the other mails I have sent you. You need to do a lot of
> > reading and trying before coming back here and post questions like
> > these, as you obviously still have a lot of confusion with the basics.
> > Read read read !
>
> I would add that porting to a new platform requires quite a bit of
> experience, and that it is much better to start out by using one of the
> boards that are supported by the ports in CVS.  There is a supported LPC
> board from Olimex (the LPC-P2106) which is cheap and will allow you to
> go through the tutorials and get up to speed before worrying about
> porting to a new platform.  In fact, a lot of people don't bother with
> their own ports at all - there are a lot of production boards out there
> which are essentially standard, supported dev boards with the unused
> bits left off.

And do google :-) I just now enter 'ecos +lpc2148'. The second link
was http://psas.pdx.edu/LPC2148Software/USBStackChoices/
It seems for me that guys run eCos successfully on the target:
http://psas.pdx.edu/LPC2148Software/eCosSetup/
http://psas.pdx.edu/CapstoneLV2bProjectReport/Software/

So, read, read, and read.

Sergei

* Re: [ECOS] help me in porting!!
@ 2008-11-21 17:03       ` Sergei Gavrikov
From: Sergei Gavrikov @ 2008-11-21 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergei Gavrikov; +Cc: Chris Holgate, ecos-discuss

Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> And do google :-) I just now enter 'ecos +lpc2148'. The second link
> was http://psas.pdx.edu/LPC2148Software/USBStackChoices/
> It seems for me that guys run eCos successfully on the target:
> http://psas.pdx.edu/LPC2148Software/eCosSetup/
> http://psas.pdx.edu/CapstoneLV2bProjectReport/Software/

Pawel Wodnicki done it:
http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2005-11/msg00014.html