* [ECOS] configtool shows only Fujitsu FR400 support
@ 2009-11-15  9:42 Benoit Callebaut
From: Benoit Callebaut @ 2009-11-15  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,
I am starting using eCos.
I want to use it on my sam7ex256 board. I installed ecos under Linux
(and Cygwin) using the on site doc (installed arm-eabi).
When I start the configtool, it shows only the Fujitsu FR400 CPU and
evaluation board in HAL.
I have also only 6 targets in the platform dialog.

What am I doing wrong ?

THanks

* Re: [ECOS] configtool shows only Fujitsu FR400 support
@ 2009-11-15 16:38 ` Sergei Gavrikov
From: Sergei Gavrikov @ 2009-11-15 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benoit Callebaut; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 10:41:13AM +0100, Benoit Callebaut wrote:
> Hello,
> I am starting using eCos.  I want to use it on my sam7ex256 board. I
> installed ecos under Linux (and Cygwin) using the on site doc
> (installed arm-eabi).  When I start the configtool, it shows only
> the Fujitsu FR400 CPU and evaluation board in HAL.  I have also only
> 6 targets in the platform dialog.
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

Hello Benoit,

What eCos version had you installed? Is that eCos 3.0 or CVS version?
May be you destroyed ecos.db by a chance or ECOS_REPOSITORY is not set
up properly or the installation process was interrupted. What is about
this number:

    grep ^target $ECOS_REPOSITORY/ecos.db | wc -l

There (in ecos.db) are described more than 100 targets in eCos 3.0 and
CVS.

And your "shots"

    grep ^target\ sam7 $ECOS_REPOSITORY/ecos.db

    find $ECOS_REPOSITORY -name sam7\*

Do you see any output? And what configtool version do you use? What
does 'About' dialog tell you?

Sergei

* [ECOS] Re: configtool shows only Fujitsu FR400 support
@ 2009-11-15 16:53 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2009-11-15 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: benoit.callebaut; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Benoit

Benoit Callebaut wrote:

> I am starting using eCos.
> I want to use it on my sam7ex256 board. I installed ecos under Linux
> (and Cygwin) using the on site doc (installed arm-eabi).
> When I start the configtool, it shows only the Fujitsu FR400 CPU and
> evaluation board in HAL.

The configuration tree contains the _loaded_ packages only. To switch
targets, use the Templates dialog via the Tools -> Templates menu item.

> I have also only 6 targets in the platform dialog.

The Platforms dialog allows you to manipulate the set of GDB commands
used for running eCos tests.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway