* [ECOS] Fw: A problem about freebsd tcpip on lpc2290 and dm9000ep
       [not found] <201003242346351666244@gmail.com>
@ 2010-03-24 15:49 ` usecool
From: usecool @ 2010-03-24 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: ecos-devel

Hello all!

I am using eCos V3.0 on my lpc2290 board.
My board have 2MB nor FLASH(0x80000000), 1MB SRAM(0x81000000),
DM9000EP(0x83000000, IRQ is EINT0).
I modify the phycore229x's bsp for my board, now it works.

But , i meet a problem, when it power on, I can ping the board, TTL is 1-2ms.
A TCP server thread for echo received data, it worked well.

After several minutes,  I ping the board, it will no reply
or the TTL over 1000ms. I use wireshark catch the packets, I find
the PC send arp request,but the board no arp replay, or replay pack
will delay above 20~30seconds, The TCP thread worked deviant also.
But same time ,the timer, TTY worked well.

can anyone help me? Thanks!

Brg
Jeff Liang
2010-03-24

* [ECOS] A problem about freebsd tcpip on lpc2290 and dm9000ep
@ 2010-03-27 10:36   ` usecool
From: usecool @ 2010-03-27 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

It sames that I post failure. I post again.

Hello all!
I am using eCos V3.0 on my lpc2290 board.
My board have 2MB nor FLASH(0x80000000), 1MB SRAM(0x81000000),
DM9000EP(0x83000000, IRQ is EINT0).
I modify the phycore229x's bsp for my board, now it works.
But , i meet a problem, when it power on, I can ping the board, TTL is 1-2ms.
A TCP server thread for echo received data, it worked well.
After several minutes,  I ping the board, it will no reply
or the TTL over 1000ms. I use wireshark catch the packets, I find
the PC send arp request,but the board no arp replay, or replay pack
will delay above 20~30seconds, The TCP thread worked deviant also.
But same time ,the timer, TTY worked well.
can anyone help me? Thanks!
Brg
Jeff Liang
2010-03-24

* [ECOS] Re: A problem about freebsd tcpip on lpc2290 and dm9000ep
@ 2010-03-28  6:48     ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2010-03-28  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: usecool; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Jeff

usecool wrote:

> I am using eCos V3.0 on my lpc2290 board.
> My board have 2MB nor FLASH(0x80000000), 1MB SRAM(0x81000000),
> DM9000EP(0x83000000, IRQ is EINT0).
> I modify the phycore229x's bsp for my board, now it works.
> But , i meet a problem, when it power on, I can ping the board, TTL is 1-2ms.
> A TCP server thread for echo received data, it worked well.
> After several minutes,  I ping the board, it will no reply
> or the TTL over 1000ms. I use wireshark catch the packets, I find
> the PC send arp request,but the board no arp replay, or replay pack
> will delay above 20~30seconds, The TCP thread worked deviant also.
> But same time ,the timer, TTY worked well.
> can anyone help me? Thanks!

A common cause of large _TCP_ delays is that the configured maximum
number of open sockets (CYGPKG_NET_MAXSOCKETS for eCos FreeBSD stack)
has been exceeded. Note that socket resources are not released for
re-use until some considerable time (2*MSL) after a socket is closed.

This doesn't explain all the behaviour you report, but worth mentioning...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer