* Re: [ECOS] IPv6 testing
@ 2011-10-13  1:53 kross
From: kross @ 2011-10-13  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurie Gellatly; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Laurie,

We have an automated test system in Fitnesse/TestNG which tests all existing functionality include IPv4 features. For this product revision IPv6 is required,and we have not to date done any bench testing. We are still in resource planning. We sell thousands per year so we need to be quite careful with testing.

The product interfaces all our other rectifier products to snmp V1/V2/V3 and http/s (among other interfaces) with IPv4. The test requirement is time bound. We will do the testing here (in China really) but it will take time to set. We could create a simulated network but I am a little uneasy about real world/simulation match.

Defects are addressed through Jira at the moment.

At this point I am asking for opinions on testing IPv6 from people who have done it.

Keith

* [ECOS] IPv6 testing
@ 2011-10-13  1:04 kross
From: kross @ 2011-10-13  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

We are porting 16MB of code slowly over to eCos. At this point we are shifting to lwip as of the first step. The new hardware will be eCos (from Integrity).

I am investigating regression testing of IPv6 and am wondering if and who I can outsource this to. I would like to hear your opinions on regression testing IPv6 (how do you do it? how much of the feature set do you cover?). We have penty of talent to do this in house but the network is IPv4 and firewalled very heavily.

Keith Ross
For Eaton, Christchurch, NZ

* [ECOS] IPV6 Testing
@ 2004-08-25  2:07 bhanuprakash kandimalla
From: bhanuprakash kandimalla @ 2004-08-25  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello ECOS World:
I am testing ecos for i386pc(with net template). I am
using the test case as mentioned in the ecos document.
When I called the (ping_test.c file) net_test()
function ( I commented the ipv4 part) I am always
getting the following message: "No Router
advertisement received"
Which means that cyg_net_get_ipv6_advrouter() is
returning 0. Can someone suggest me what this
net_test() will test for IPV6. My intention is to
ping6 another IPV6 host. The ping from another ipv6
host to the target is working just fine.
Thanks a bunch,
Bhanu.