Bernd Edlinger wrote: > However I fixed a fiew memory leaks with my enhancement patch for the FreeBSD > See Bug# 1001656. Maybe you try to use this first. > One major flaw was, when you do a IF_DOWN the unsent buffers must be cleaned up too. Thanks, that could be it. One test I'm running is pinging (I ported the ppp_test.c test app in the no-longer-tested archive into a class for our app) various hosts and internet sites to make sure routing works properly over the PPP link and there are a lot of receive timeouts and I'm sure some of them take long enough to time out that PPP is brought down in the tail end of them. > By the way, how did you compile your target with PPP in the first place? > This does somehow not compile, as far as I know. Lots of swearing and fixing cryptic auth.c compile errors. I posted about it on the list in late August: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.ecos.general/28914 Looks like someone broke the code base a little after 2004.... ken