* RE: [ECOS] Serial Speed with i386 PC target
@ 2000-07-31 12:53 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-07-31 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: Ecos-List (E-mail)

I edited this file, i even verified in the debugger that the compiled stub
passed the correct BAUD_LOW in hal_diag_init

But still when booting off this stub I can't connect to 115200 but I can to
38400

It's weird...

Does the stub use this function ??

[A check later]

Well in fact i just found code in plf_stub.c that says:

// 38400, COM1
#define CYG_DEVICE_SERIAL_RS232_BAUD_MSB    0
#define CYG_DEVICE_SERIAL_RS232_BAUD_LSB    3

And there is a function:
void hal_pc_init_serial(void)

I don't understand well what are the purpose of this function when there is
already hal_diag_init() ..??

Thanks

A+
--
Fabrice Gautier
fabrice_gautier@sdesigns.com

* Re: [ECOS] Serial Speed with i386 PC target
@ 2000-07-28 18:04 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-07-28 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: Ecos-List (E-mail)

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> In the ARM PID board target it is possible to choose the serial port speed.
> I'm loking for the same thing for th i386 PC Target.
> And can't find it. If as with the PID board, should be somewhere in "eCos
> HAL"-"i386 architecture"-"i386 PC target"
> I can choose the serial line (or screen) to be used as diag output, but
> can't choose the serial peed.
>
> It seems this is 38400 by default.

Not for the PC target. Instead you need to edit
hal/i386/pc/VERSION/src/hal_diag.c. Look for BAUD_LOW.

Jifl

* [ECOS] Serial Speed with i386 PC target
@ 2000-07-28 15:12 Fabrice Gautier