* [ECOS] Serial device driver problem.
@ 2001-05-29  6:52 Dennis Ehlin (ECS)
From: Dennis Ehlin (ECS) @ 2001-05-29  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I'm trying write a serial device to my ppc target, i'm using the generic 16x5x uart code.
I have the serial interrupts working and so on...

When i do a serial_read (located serial.c) everything seems to work ok, and  i get to the
cyg_drv_cond_wait(&cbuf->wait) line and it stops there to wait for the cbuf->wait signal. ok.

Then i generate a serial receive interrupt and the serial_rcv_char function is called,
which sends the cbuf->wait signal with the line cyg_drv_cond_signal(&cbuf->wait).

But nothing happends?, the cyg_drv_cond_wait(&cbuf->wait) never continues, as if it never gets the
signal.

I suppose there's alot of things that can go wrong, but I dont have a clue of what is happening there.
Does anyone know of something that could cause this ?

(I use the serial_echo test to test this)

//Dennis

* RE: [ECOS] Serial device driver problem.
@ 2001-05-29 23:21 Dennis Ehlin (ECS)
From: Dennis Ehlin (ECS) @ 2001-05-29 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: ecos-discuss

>> When i do a serial_read (located serial.c) everything seems to work ok, and  i get to the
>> cyg_drv_cond_wait(&cbuf->wait) line and it stops there to wait for the cbuf->wait signal. ok.
>>
>> Then i generate a serial receive interrupt and the serial_rcv_char function is called,
>> which sends the cbuf->wait signal with the line cyg_drv_cond_signal(&cbuf->wait).
>>
>> But nothing happends?, the cyg_drv_cond_wait(&cbuf->wait) never continues, as if it never gets the
>> signal.
>
>Perhaps it did get the signal but hasn't read all the bytes requested (the
>*len argument).

Sounds unlikely, It's setup to receive only 1 byte, and i have a printout just after
the cyg_drv_cond_wait(&cbuf->wait) line, and it never gets executed.