* Re: [ECOS] Porting ecos on at91 eb01 board
@ 2001-07-04  2:59 harri.siirtola
From: harri.siirtola @ 2001-07-04  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eric mini, ecos-discuss

At 11:25 4.7.2001 GMT+1, eric mini wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am looking for some help to port ecos on an AT91M40400
>using the at91 eb01 board.
>May be somewhere there is a package already done for this
>micro or a template for the board ???

Download Carl van Schaik's eCos tree from:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2001-01/msg00496.html

>Using the eCos configuration tools, I saw that the board
>PID7 is available, what are the step to migrate toward the
>AT91EB01 ??

After downloading, you have EB01 package option available. There are some
bugs in the serial driver and the cdl associated with it:

1. If you get errors from lines saying something like "no _exported_ files
whatsoever", just comment the lines out.

2. If you enable the EB01 serial drivers, you'll get a 'file not found'
error from file
/ecos/packages/devs/serial/arm/eb01/current/cdl/ser_arm_eb01.cdl. Change
'eb01_serial_with_ints.c' to 'eb01_serial.c'.

3. Files '/ecos/packages/devs/serial/arm/eb01/current/src/at91_serial.h'
and eb01_serial.c (same subdirectory) don't work or even compile. I have
working versions, I could make them available for everyone to avoid having
to email them to everyone interested. Jifl, Gary, what's the best way to do
that?

>Thank,
>
>Ricou

	Harri

* Re: [ECOS] Porting ecos on at91 eb01 board
@ 2001-07-05 23:23 harri.siirtola
From: harri.siirtola @ 2001-07-05 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour, harri.siirtola; +Cc: ecos-discuss, carl

At 16:57 5.7.2001 +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>If you are stating that you're putting the files into the public domain,
>that would avoid the assignment itself. But when I talked about the
>assignment, I was also including the "disclaimer" part which has to be
>signed by your employer. This is needed because most people's contracts in
>the software industry say that all intellectual property belongs to the
>employer. This is even true of universities. So we'd really need that at
>least from both of you.

If I understand this correctly, public domain is the easiest way, isn't it?
I'll check if my company requires the assignment way.

>We can still put together a tarball that is distributed separately, but it
>wouldn't be able to go in the eCos sources properly meaning it may be
>subject to bitrot.

True, let's try to do this so that it helps people next year, too...

>Jifl

	Harri

* Re: [ECOS] Porting ecos on at91 eb01 board
@ 2001-07-05  0:46 harri.siirtola
From: harri.siirtola @ 2001-07-05  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I forward this email from Carl in case he didn't send it to the list.

	Harri
harri.siirtola@vtt.fi wrote:

> At 19:56 4.7.2001 +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> >With Carl's permission we could bring Carl's eCos tree tarball onto the
> >eCos site and update it with your changes.
> >
> >If you would be interested, perhaps if Carl and yourself could provide a
> >copyright assignment (assuming Carl does own all the copyright on it),
> >would you be willing to bring this port up to scratch so it could be
> >included in the main eCos sources? I'm sure a lot of folks would be pleased
> >if it was, it seems quite in demand on the list.
>
> I'm ready to give it without any copyright hassle. For such a simple port
> (and probably not complete), I don't want to make things too complicated.
> Let me know what Carl thinks, my port is based on his code anyway.
>
> >Jifl
>
>         Harri

Hi

Sorry, I've been out of touch for a while.
You guys have my full permission to release the code and do practically
what you like with it :-)

Please let the mailing list know.

thanks
Carl
--

Carl van Schaik, <carl@openfuel.com>    | Tel +27 21 650-3467
Electrical Engineering, UCT             | Fax +27 21 650-4305

* Re: [ECOS] Porting ecos on at91 eb01 board
@ 2001-07-05  0:02 harri.siirtola
From: harri.siirtola @ 2001-07-05  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour, harri.siirtola; +Cc: eric mini, ecos-discuss, Carl van Schaik

At 19:56 4.7.2001 +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>With Carl's permission we could bring Carl's eCos tree tarball onto the
>eCos site and update it with your changes.
>
>If you would be interested, perhaps if Carl and yourself could provide a
>copyright assignment (assuming Carl does own all the copyright on it),
>would you be willing to bring this port up to scratch so it could be
>included in the main eCos sources? I'm sure a lot of folks would be pleased
>if it was, it seems quite in demand on the list.

I'm ready to give it without any copyright hassle. For such a simple port
(and probably not complete), I don't want to make things too complicated.
Let me know what Carl thinks, my port is based on his code anyway.

>Jifl

	Harri

* [ECOS] Porting ecos on at91 eb01 board
@ 2001-07-04  2:27 eric mini
From: eric mini @ 2001-07-04  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss