* [ECOS] Re: configtool hang and illegal op issues
@ 2001-08-06  6:19 harri.siirtola
From: harri.siirtola @ 2001-08-06  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Platform: WIN98, AT91EB40

I'm in a desperate need of this fix, too! I used ConfigTool 1.3.1 after
finding clumsy workarounds (no illegal op if I start from scratch, check
every option needed and "Save As"). After the latest CVS update it's no
longer possible to use 1.3.1 due to "flavor" properties it claims illegal.
And 1.3.1.2 both hangs on "Build library" and crashes (illegal op) on save.

Oh, and I need the latest update for the EB40 port...

Please help!

	Harri

* Re: [ECOS] Re: configtool hang and illegal op issues
@ 2001-08-06  6:38 ` Julian Smart
From: Julian Smart @ 2001-08-06  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: harri.siirtola, ecos-discuss

At 04:15 PM 8/6/01 +0300, harri.siirtola@vtt.fi wrote:
>Platform: WIN98, AT91EB40
>
>I'm in a desperate need of this fix, too! I used ConfigTool 1.3.1 after
>finding clumsy workarounds (no illegal op if I start from scratch, check
>every option needed and "Save As"). After the latest CVS update it's no
>longer possible to use 1.3.1 due to "flavor" properties it claims illegal.

I'm not aware of these problems, can anyone else on the eCos team shed some
light?

>And 1.3.1.2 both hangs on "Build library" and crashes (illegal op) on save.

This should have been cured with recent versions of eCos Configuration Tool 2:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/ct2.html

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Regards,

Julian
--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Unit 200 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1
7EG Tel: +44 (1223) 271063

* Re: [ECOS] Re: configtool hang and illegal op issues
@ 2001-08-06  6:49   ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2001-08-06  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: julians; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Julian> At 04:15 PM 8/6/01 +0300, harri.siirtola@vtt.fi wrote:
    >> Platform: WIN98, AT91EB40
    >>
    >> I'm in a desperate need of this fix, too! I used ConfigTool
    >> 1.3.1 after finding clumsy workarounds (no illegal op if I
    >> start from scratch, check every option needed and "Save As").
    >> After the latest CVS update it's no longer possible to use
    >> 1.3.1 due to "flavor" properties it claims illegal.

    Julian> I'm not aware of these problems, can anyone else on the
    Julian> eCos team shed some light?

It has not been possible to use the original 1.3.1 configtool with
anoncvs for a long time. I suspect the specific change referred to
here was in libcdl:

    2000-06-22  Bart Veer  <bartv@redhat.com>

	* value.cxx, interface.cxx:
	Allow the flavor property to be used on interfaces. booldata
	interfaces allow the use of #ifdef to determine whether or not
	a feature is available. Clean up some of the value stuff to match,
	especially when it comes to savefiles.

That is why on http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html there is
a section on host configuration tools, telling people to update to a
more recent version such as 1.3.1.2

    >> And 1.3.1.2 both hangs on "Build library" and crashes (illegal
    >> op) on save.

That is a separate problem.

Bart