* [ECOS] Tools-build Error and SH board questions
@ 1999-06-29 15:02 John Mills
From: John Mills @ 1999-06-29 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'eCos Discussion'; +Cc: John Mills

Hello -
Question 1:
 My latest build of ecosSWtools reports _compiler errors_ in building libm.a
for some 'sh/m*' targets - details follow.  Are these serious? - any
suggestions?

Environment:
 RH6.0 Linux, building from the RH6.0-patched GNUPro source tree
("redhat-908010"), configuring to:
 --target=sh-hms \
 --prefix=/usr/local/ecosSWtools-990319 \
[etc]
(1) warns it will not support 'target-libgloss' and
(2) reports compiler errors building 'libm.a' in some
    target subdirectories.
(3) the overwhelming majority of the tools and libs now
    seem to build fine.
Detail:
I attach an elided build/install-log, identifying (I hope) the offending
sections. I also tried building with the 'egcs' snapshots, but the GNUPro
sources seem to get further. (Thanks very much to any brave soul who looks
into the build log - I'll be happy to provide all or any other snippets of
the log upon request.)

Question 2:
 I notice in the GNUPro sources there is a:
  [...]/src/libgloss/sh/sh2lcevb.ld
This is a loadmap for the evaluation board I am using (EDK7045F). Has anyone
targeted this board with all or any of eCos? Has anyone got a working or
partial port of CygMon, or a correspondent for one of Hitachi's monitors for
this board?

Thanks for any leads -

  John Mills, Sr. Software Engineer
  TGA Technologies, Inc.
  100 Pinnacle Way, Suite 140
  e-mail: jmills@tga.com
  Norcross, GA 30071-3633
  Phone: 770-421-2100 ext.124 (voice)
         770-449-7740 (FAX)

* Re: [ECOS] Tools-build Error and SH board questions
@ 1999-06-30  1:44 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 1999-06-30  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Mills; +Cc: 'eCos Discussion'

John> Hello - Question 1: My latest build of ecosSWtools reports
John> _compiler errors_ in building libm.a for some 'sh/m*' targets -
John> details follow.  Are these serious? - any suggestions?

Try sh-elf instead.

John> Question 2: I notice in the GNUPro sources there is a:
John> [...]/src/libgloss/sh/sh2lcevb.ld This is a loadmap for the
John> evaluation board I am using (EDK7045F). Has anyone targeted this
John> board with all or any of eCos? Has anyone got a working or
John> partial port of CygMon, or a correspondent for one of Hitachi's
John> monitors for this board?

Hitachi's monitor works with their IDE. I've found that it doesn't
work with a regular GDB, so they have probably hacked their version of
GDB a bit.

Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] Tools-build Error and SH board questions
@ 1999-06-30  5:56   ` Stan Shebs
From: Stan Shebs @ 1999-06-30  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jskov; +Cc: Jmills, ecos-discuss

   From: Jesper Skov <jskov@cygnus.co.uk>
   Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:44:55 +0100 (BST)

   John> Question 2: I notice in the GNUPro sources there is a:
   John> [...]/src/libgloss/sh/sh2lcevb.ld This is a loadmap for the
   John> evaluation board I am using (EDK7045F). Has anyone targeted this
   John> board with all or any of eCos? Has anyone got a working or
   John> partial port of CygMon, or a correspondent for one of Hitachi's
   John> monitors for this board?

   Hitachi's monitor works with their IDE. I've found that it doesn't
   work with a regular GDB, so they have probably hacked their version of
   GDB a bit.

There's AMON and CMON - CMON works with GDB, and that was the monitor
I had in mind when I wrote sh2lcevb.ld.  AMON is more recent, I don't
have any experience with it.  CygMon ought to port pretty easily though,
many of the necessary low-level bits could be lifted from gdb/sh-stub.c.

								Stan

* Re: [ECOS] Tools-build Error and SH board questions
@ 1999-06-30  9:18 ` Daniel T. Schwager
From: Daniel T. Schwager @ 1999-06-30  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Mills; +Cc: 'eCos Discussion'

John Mills wrote:

> Question 2:
>  I notice in the GNUPro sources there is a:
>   [...]/src/libgloss/sh/sh2lcevb.ld
> This is a loadmap for the evaluation board I am using (EDK7045F). Has anyone
I'm also interessting in this !!

> targeted this board with all or any of eCos? Has anyone got a working or
> partial port of CygMon, or a correspondent for one of Hitachi's monitors for
> this board?
Yes, i ported the cmon for the eval board. If you want, i can send it to you....

regards

Danny

DTS Computer Schwager, Am Schnarrenberg 1, D-70376 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-5094390                    Fax: +49-711-5094391
WEB: http://www.dts-s.de/           email: schwager@dts-s.de