From: Dan Hovang <dan.hovang@cpen.com>
To: Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com>
Cc: ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] ARM vectors.S question
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 01:04:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Grant Edwards wrote:

> I'm in the process of getting eCOS to run on a Samsung SNDS eval board
> (ARM7TDMI core w/ a bunch of on-chip Samsung peripherals).  The file
> ecos-1.2.1/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_2_1/src/vectors.S claims to be
> platform independent, yet it seems to make assumptions about the
> memory map that are platform-dependent.
>
> For example, it assumes that there is RAM at address 0 so the
> startup code initializes the exception vectors that are at address 0.
>
> Am I missing something?

I'm using eCos in two different (allthough similar) StrongARM designs.
Both of theese start from FlashROM and works fine. When creating the
buildtree I use the option --startup=rom to define CYG_HAL_STARTUP_ROM
and undefine CYG_HAL_STARTUP_RAM. The default option is --startup=ram.

--
Dan Hovang (dh@cpen.com)
CTechnologies AB