* [ECOS] GDB Windowing Interface.
@ 1999-11-29  8:53 Andre McCurdy
From: Andre McCurdy @ 1999-11-29  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

The gdb help describes the use of the '--nw' option to
prevent gdb using a 'window interface'.

With my build however (Linux host, tx39 target) i get
the standard console interface with or without this
option.
What do i need to do to force gdb to start WITH the
windowing interface ?? (Yes I am running under X, with
a correctly set DISPLAY setting).

* Re: [ECOS] GDB Windowing Interface.
@ 1999-11-29  9:14 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 1999-11-29  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andre McCurdy; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Andre McCurdy wrote:

> The gdb help describes the use of the '--nw' option to
> prevent gdb using a 'window interface'.
>
> With my build however (Linux host, tx39 target) i get
> the standard console interface with or without this
> option.
> What do i need to do to force gdb to start WITH the
> windowing interface ??

It wasn't supplied by default with the eCos tools on the eCos web site.
However you can try rebuilding GDB with Insight from
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/insight/ which should work just fine.

HTH,

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] GDB Windowing Interface.
@ 1999-11-30  0:28 ` Brendan Simon
From: Brendan Simon @ 1999-11-30  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andre McCurdy; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Andre McCurdy wrote:

> The gdb help describes the use of the '--nw' option to
> prevent gdb using a 'window interface'.
>
> With my build however (Linux host, tx39 target) i get
> the standard console interface with or without this
> option.

The --nw (or is it -nw) is only when using Insight.  Unfortunately (in
my opinion) the executable is called gdb.  If --nw (or -nw) is not
recognised then the original gdb is probably being picked up.  Type
"which gdb" to find out the path of the gdb being invoked.  If it is the
wrong one, then you must change your path or invoke it with
/<correct-path>/gdb.

Brendan Simon.