* Re: [ECOS] Re: Configuration tool problem
       [not found] <3.0.5.32.20000601192104.00a1e630@mailhost>
@ 2000-06-01 10:47 ` Alessandro Pinto
From: Alessandro Pinto @ 2000-06-01 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alfredo Knecht; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Dear Alfredo,
I think that the problem is not the mount. I had this problem but I resolve
it in a strange way.
First of all are you sure that you have the the Cygwin B20 release?
Remember to patch the gcc before configure it.

I hope that this can help you.
Alessandro Pinto
Mobile: (+39)(0)3395366531
Address: Via L. Viani, 12
00125 Roma, Italy
http://web.tiscalinet.it/alessandro_pinto/index.htm

From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-06-01 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alfredo Knecht; +Cc: ecos-discuss, apinto

Alfredo Knecht wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> after mounting a textmode point, i still get the same error from make:
>
> Makefile:89: *** commands commence before first target.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/gcc/gcc'
> make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
> make: Leaving directory `/tmp/build/gcc'
> bash-2.04$
>
> #these are my mounts:
> bash-2.04$ mount
> Device              Directory           Type         Flags
> G:\GPS\APPS\cygw    /                   user         textmode
> G:\GPS\APPS\cygw    /c                  user         textmode
> G:\GPS\APPS\cygw    /j                  user         textmode
>
> What a I doing wrong?

Nothing :-/. I've been trying to find the best workaround for what is
actually a cygwin bug.

Okay. Let's try a different approach. Please download the May 25th snapshot
of the cygwin1 DLL from http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/snapshots/

i.e. cygwin1-20000525.dll.gz

Uncompress it with "gunzip cygwin1-20000525.dll.gz" and then exit all your
running cygwin applications. Now go to the "bin" subdirectory of your
cygwin installation and rename "cygwin1.dll" to "cygwin1.dll.old". Now copy
in the uncompressed cygwin1-20000525.dll and rename that to cygwin1.dll

This should fix the problem and you can continue.

Note that snapshots after the 25th May and up to (at least) the 31st May
definitely do not work - they are very broken in other ways - so do not
install those.

I have been patiently waiting for the cygwin team to produce an official
1.1.2 update to the cygwin DLL which includes this bug fix, but
unfortunately it still hasn't happened.

Let me know how it works out.

Jifl

* [ECOS] Re: Configuration tool problem
@ 2000-06-01  9:08             ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-06-01  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alessandro Pinto; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Alessandro Pinto wrote:

> The ecos build now is OK and I tried to compile some file automatic
> generated by VCC and all is OK.
>
> But I'm brave and I'm thinking to use an ARM instuction set simulator. This
> simulator need the RTOS library but the ones generated by the configuration
> tool (libtarget.a) doesn't work.
> There is the possibilities to compile the library for another compiler (in
> this case armcc by arm) ?

eCos uses features only found in GNU cc, so unfortunately that isn't an
option worth pursuing.

I believe the right way to go about running eCos with the ARMulator is to
do a port of eCos to it. The reason is because eCos does not interwork with
Angel on the boards, using the ROM monitor interface for I/O etc. To port
eCos, the platform HAL would have to provide low-level communication with
RDI/RDP.

I don't know in detail how much work would be involved with that. We don't
currently have plans to do it ourselves, so a contributed port would be
welcome.

Jifl

* [ECOS] Re: Configuration tool problem
@ 2000-06-01  8:57           ` Alessandro Pinto
From: Alessandro Pinto @ 2000-06-01  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

The ecos build now is OK and I tried to compile some file automatic
generated by VCC and all is OK.

But I'm brave and I'm thinking to use an ARM instuction set simulator. This
simulator need the RTOS library but the ones generated by the configuration
tool (libtarget.a) doesn't work.
There is the possibilities to compile the library for another compiler (in
this case armcc by arm) ?

THANKS

AP

@ 2000-06-01  8:03         ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-06-01  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alessandro Pinto; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Alessandro Pinto wrote:

> Thank you a lot for your help yesterday, I compiled the gcc and all was ok.
> Now I need to create a the ecos RTOS to use the library and link it.
> When I try to run the configuration tool, the compilation results in the
> follow error:
>
> file://C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1/src/context.S
> file://C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1/src/context.S:
> Assembler messages:
> file://C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1/src/context.S:1
> 14: Error: undefined symbol CPSR_IRQ_DISABLE in operation
[snip rest]

Can you try deleting the file hal/arm/arch/v1_3_1/arm.inc in your build
tree and trying the make again (which will recreate arm.inc). If it still
doesn't work, please send us the arm.inc file.

Jifl