* RE: [ECOS] Tracing and Debug
@ 2000-07-21 17:47 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-07-21 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: eCos discussion, Gary Thomas, Jesper Skov

> From: Jonathan Larmour [ mailto:jlarmour@redhat.co.uk ]
> Subject: Re: [ECOS] Tracing and Debug
>
> [ Please remember to CC the list. I don't do one-to-one
> support for free
> :-) ]

[Oups! sorry...]

> Fabrice Gautier wrote:
> > Init device '/dev/ttydiag'
> > Init tty channel: 27E6C
> > Init device '/dev/haldiag'
> > HAL/diag SERIAL init
> > Init device '/dev/ser0'
> > Set output buffer - buf: 296C4 len: 512
> > Set input buffer - buf: 298C4 len: 512
> > ASSERT FAIL: <1>intr.cxx            [ 426] void
> Cyg_Interrupt::attach()
> > Interrupt vector not free.
>
> And here is your problem. The serial drivers have been
> enabled, but this is
> conflicting with the external break support because both want to put
> interrupt handlers on the serial line. You cannot have both.

Hum...

So I shouldn't have HAL/diag serial device driver
enabled(CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_HALDIAG) when i include the GDB stubs in HAL with
GDB external break support (CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS and
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT) ?

But I don't see why the problem only occurs when I enable tracing? I seemed
to run fine before.

I'm not sure I get the whole picture about the way the GDB, the GDB stub and
ecos manage the serial port.

But I understand that if I remove the HAL/diag serial driver I can't use the
standard IO functions in the C lib (CYGPKG_LIBC_STDIO require
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_HALDIAG) . So it should not be possible to use the same
serial port for both the eCos diag output and GDB stuf ?? But in the default
configuration of the ARM PID BOARD the Diagnostic Serial Port and the GDB
Serial Port are both set to 0.

> Admittedly, it shouldn't have been possible to do this without the
> configuration whinging at you.

I'm not sure, it worked fine without tracing...

(I will check again for the other building problem - and perhaps will try
the cvs stuff once I found any good cvs tool for Windows)

Thanks

A+
--
Fabrice Gautier
fabrice_gautier@sdesigns.com

* [ECOS] Tracing and Debug
@ 2000-07-21 10:38 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-07-21 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ecos-List (E-mail)

Hi,

I have some problems with tracing. I'm using a ARM PID board.

1/ I first build ecos with Asserts & Tracing and Buffered Tracing. I have
also enabled Source Level Debugging Support with external break and
multithreading to work with the GDB Stub.

I can build the examples fine when running them in the debuugger, there is
some tracing output and then gdb stay busy. When I try to interrupt the
program, I receive a message like "target not responding". I had the same
message before I enabled external break support.

2/ I tried the same config without the Buffered Tracing: In this case the
examples programs don't build : lots of undefined references to
cyg_assert_fail, cyg_tracemsg, cyg_tracemsg2 and so on....

Thanks