* [ECOS] TouchScreen drivers
       [not found] <968031929.25933.ezmlm@sources.redhat.com>
@ 2000-09-04  3:52 ` richard.panton
From: richard.panton @ 2000-09-04  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Has anyone worked on touch screen drivers for eCos?

I'm intending to do a driver for the SA1110 Assabet board (using the
UCB1300 codec chip), and would like to ensure it is compatible with any
other touch-screen drivers out there.

Best Regards,
Richard Panton
Systems Architect
3G Lab Ltd.

* [ECOS] Assabet sources
       [not found] <968031929.25933.ezmlm@sources.redhat.com>
@ 2000-09-04  4:01 ` richard.panton
From: richard.panton @ 2000-09-04  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Whilst attempting to re-build the RedBoot ROM monitor for Assabet, I've
found that the Assabet Flash device sources are missing. I've updated my
sources via anoncvs, and browsed the CVS repository, but still no files
under devs/flash/arm/assabet/current/src

Are these files available, or are they being withheld for some reason?

Best Regards,
Richard Panton
Systems Architect
3G Lab Ltd.

* Re: [ECOS] Assabet sources
@ 2000-09-04  5:17   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-09-04  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: richard.panton; +Cc: ecos-discuss

"richard.panton" wrote:

> Whilst attempting to re-build the RedBoot ROM monitor for Assabet, I've
> found that the Assabet Flash device sources are missing. I've updated my
> sources via anoncvs, and browsed the CVS repository, but still no files
> under devs/flash/arm/assabet/current/src
>
> Are these files available, or are they being withheld for some reason?

It was a glitch in the process that generates the tree. I actually spotted
it before the commit on Friday, but by then we had introduced some rather
nasty incomplete changes to the internal tree that would have broken more
targets than that. I was hoping no-one would notice until today when I
could fix it :-).

If you can do without the flash package, just comment out the entry in
ecos.db for now. I'll be redoing the update later this afternoon.

Jifl
P.S. Say hi to Stef and tell him I want my video back ;)

* Re: [ECOS] TouchScreen drivers
@ 2000-09-04  6:39   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-09-04  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: richard.panton; +Cc: ecos-discuss, Gary Thomas

"richard.panton" wrote:

> Has anyone worked on touch screen drivers for eCos?
>
> I'm intending to do a driver for the SA1110 Assabet board (using the
> UCB1300 codec chip), and would like to ensure it is compatible with any
> other touch-screen drivers out there.

There's touch panel support in eCos for the Cirrus Logic EDB7xxx boards -
see hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/lcd_panel_support.c

but it was done somewhat ad hoc I believe - it wasn't formalized into a
proper interface. This may be because it's too simple to bother
formalizing, I don't know. Gary, this is your baby - any opinions?

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] TouchScreen drivers
@ 2000-09-05  4:04     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2000-09-05  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss, richard.panton

On 04-Sep-00 Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> "richard.panton" wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone worked on touch screen drivers for eCos?
>>
>> I'm intending to do a driver for the SA1110 Assabet board (using the
>> UCB1300 codec chip), and would like to ensure it is compatible with any
>> other touch-screen drivers out there.
>
> There's touch panel support in eCos for the Cirrus Logic EDB7xxx boards -
> see hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/lcd_panel_support.c
>
> but it was done somewhat ad hoc I believe - it wasn't formalized into a
> proper interface. This may be because it's too simple to bother
> formalizing, I don't know. Gary, this is your baby - any opinions?

This was definitely done ad hoc, but the basic structure should be usable.
The basic idea is that the touch screen handler creates small events which
are placed in a kernel message buffer which users can read.

The EDB7xxx touch driver is the only one we've played with so far.  We'd
certainly appreciate more contributions in this area.