* [ECOS] build Tx39xx program
@ 2000-09-03 21:07 adon@walkersun
From: adon@walkersun @ 2000-09-03 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

    Now I could build all the tool kits under
win2000 with cygwin. Those tools are include binutils, gcc, insoghtand
newlib.

    And I got a board from Toshiba brach which
is Tx39xx MIPS CPU contain sygmon on the board.

    Now I wrote a very simple program to test
entire system. as following

#include <stdio.h>

void test(void)
{
  printf("in sub...\n");
}

int main(void)
{
  printf("Hi, it's work...\n");
  test();
  return NULL;

And the following are the coomands which  i
do

mips-tx39-elf-gcc -c -g -O2 main.c
mips-tx39-elf-ld crt0.o crtbegin.o main.o -T
jmr3904.ld

=============== =============================

The crt0.o, crtbegin.o and the libraries files like libc.a
libgcc.a libjmr3904.a libdve.a, jmr3904.ld are come while I build the
tool chain.

 While I use the libjmr3904.a the linker always prompt me
"connot find label get_mem_info", so I could get the download file. but if
I replace the libjmr3904.a with libdve.a then the link could build the download
file. But while I use the objdump, I could find the get_mem_info in the
libjmr3904.a. So why I cannot build the download file while I use
libjmr3904.a??

Are there anybody could help me???  Thanks

Adon Chen

* Re: [ECOS] build Tx39xx program
@ 2000-09-04  6:21 ` Jonathan Larmour
       [not found]   ` <00ab01c01888$a2587960$24e7f1d2@walkersun>
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-09-04  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: adon@walkersun; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> "adon@walkersun" wrote:
> The crt0.o, crtbegin.o and the libraries files like libc.a libgcc.a
> libjmr3904.a libdve.a, jmr3904.ld are come while I build the tool chain.
>
>  While I use the libjmr3904.a the linker always prompt me "connot find
> label get_mem_info",[snip]

This doesn't have anything to do with eCos. Perhaps Toshiba recommend some
other place for support?

Out of interest, I noticed that in some mips-tx39-elf tools I found here,
get_mem_info was defined in libtx39jmr.a, but this may be a different
version to what you have. You would need to contact Toshiba (or someone
else who provides support for these tools) to get an answer appropriate to
the tools you have.

Jifl

@ 2000-09-11 10:55     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-09-11 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: adon@walkersun; +Cc: eCos discussion

"adon@walkersun" wrote:

>     Maybe I have to change the question that is, what are the cygmon could
> do for me??? Does the program just serve for downloading program from the
> host to the target, so I should link another cygmon program into my program,
> and after I do that so, I could debug my program at my target???

CygMon is a ROM monitor. As far as you are concerned, it is what you
program into ROM so that you can load your application. When the
application is run, CygMon loses control. Although in some cases, it
"co-operates" with the program to allow the program to be debugged. eCos is
capable of this.

CygMon is only there to be programmed into flash/ROM. You don't link with
it. It is an application in its own right.

Perhaps you are getting the concept confused with having to link your
program differently if you are using it with a board running CygMon in ROM.
While this doesn't always happen, for GNUPro, for example, you sometimes
have to use a different linker script (specified with -Tcygmon.ld on the
link command line) to indicate that this is what your program is doing.
This isn't the same as linking with cygmon itself.

BTW, remember to CC the list. Don't e-mail me directly please.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] build Tx39xx program
@ 2000-09-06 21:54 adon@walkersun
From: adon@walkersun @ 2000-09-06 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)