* [ECOS] config for ARM PID Board connection
@ 2000-10-26 22:27 jjkang
From: jjkang @ 2000-10-26 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Title: config for ARM PID Board connection

Thanks for your response.
I'm trying to connect to ARM PID board.
I setup ARM PID board for Flash programming.
 1) set jumper 7-8 on LK6
 2) set jumper 5-6 on LK6
 3) set jumper LK18
 4) set S1 to 0-0-1-1
 5) Open jumper LK4
And I make GDB_stub ROM image choosing  RAM startup type with the eCos Configuration Tool.
I' trying to connect to ARM PID board.  But I'm failed to connect to target board.(attachment 1)
What is the problem of the connection fail?
I can't find "Build flash programming tool" option in the eCos Configuration Tool.(attachment 2)
Thank you in advance.

test_result.bmp
configure.bmp

* Re: [ECOS] config for ARM PID Board connection
@ 2000-10-27  9:56 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-10-27  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jjkang; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> jjkang@etri.re.kr wrote:

Firstly, never *ever* send such huge attachments to the list. People should
not have to download 1.3Mb over a modem. In future, if you have such large
attachments, make them available on a web server or ftp server.

> I'm trying to connect to ARM PID board.
> I setup ARM PID board for Flash programming.
>  1) set jumper 7-8 on LK6
>  2) set jumper 5-6 on LK6
>  3) set jumper LK18
>  4) set S1 to 0-0-1-1
>  5) Open jumper LK4
> And I make GDB_stub ROM image choosing  RAM startup type with the eCos
> Configuration Tool.

RAM startup? But it's a ROM!

At the very least, try using the prebuilt images that come with the initial
eCos installation. You should find them under the loaders/ subdirectory of
your eCos installation.

> I' trying to connect to ARM PID board.  But I'm failed to connect to
> target board.(attachment 1)
> What is the problem of the connection fail?

I'm not sure but firstly are you sure that the serial cables are correct
cables - i.e. null modem cables. Secondly do you have them the right way
round (serial A on the PID to COM1, serial B to COM2).

Failing that I believe Grant Edwards made some improvements to the RDI
support in GDB since GDB 5.0 was released. You could consider rebuilding
from a GDB sources CVS snapshot. Or try the prebuilt tools that Grant made
that Dave Airlie made available for download at
ftp.skynet.ie:/pub/arm-tools-cd

> I can't find "Build flash programming tool" option in the eCos
> Configuration Tool.(attachment 2)

Use the prebuilts that come with eCos as above.

Jifl