yyl wrote: > > -----Original Message----- > From: Jonathan Larmour > To: yyl > Cc: eCos_discuss > Date: 2000Äê10ÔÂ30ÈÕ 22:58 > Subject: Re: [ECOS] about ram file system and memory management on the cvs > > >> yyl wrote: > >> > >> Hi,I want to use ram file system from cvs,but I don't know whether the > >> ram file system depends on the > >> memory management of cvs? > > > >It depends on malloc(), but no specific implementation of it. > > > >But I think you'd have a hard job disentangling the file system support > >from the rest of the CVS world, if that's what you intend to do. > I don't know your meaning clearly,can you tell me more ? > Maybe I hadn't express my meaning clearly,I mean that I want to only add > the > ram file system from cvs on ecos1.3.1. That's a virtual impossibility I'm afraid. The ram file system is in cvs only, and a *lot* has changed there. If you want to try and backport it to 1.3.1 you could try, but you'll just end up with something that looks a lot like what is in cvs, but with less features :-). What is in CVS is what we are intending to release publically as a 1.4.x version some time (don't ask when). Jifl -- Red Hat, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK. CB2 1NS Tel: +44 (1223) 728762 "Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow." || These opinions are all my own fault