* RE: [ECOS] CVS updates announcement ?
@ 2000-11-17 16:48 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-11-17 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour', Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: eCos discussion

Hi,

I don't see it.

But i'm really subscribed to ecos-cvs, i've received an empty test message
from listarch@sourceware.cygnus.com a week ago, after i said i didn't
receive anything.

A+
--
Fabrice Gautier
fabrice_gautier@sdesigns.com

@ 2000-10-30 11:15 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-10-30 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> It has to be said that the way we are using CVS, the ecos-cvs
> list is not
> very useful. The only use it really has is letting someone know (by
> spamming them :)) that another update has taken place.

Well, that's the first thing one need to know. Then I can see by myself what
has been changed. It's not like if the cvs was changed everyday (that would
be spamming)

> I could even send the diffs of any changed ChangeLogs in a separate
> message.

That said, it would not hurt to have that.

--

@ 2000-10-27 18:00 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-10-27 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ecos-List (E-mail)

Hi,

Would this be possible to have CVS commit annoucements sent to a list (this
one or another) ?

I know cvs can automatically send such reports, and i think the way the
public eCos cvs is managed is well suited for such report to be usefull. (
This would be 5 or 6 report per month, not 1 message per each change you
make on your internal cvs)

Regards,