From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@cygnus.co.uk>
To: "Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" <larwe@larwe.com>
Cc: Fano.Ramparany@rd.francetelecom.fr,
	eCos Disuss <ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] net-1.0b1.epk is corrupt?
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:46:00 -0000	[thread overview]

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> >Do you know whether you saved it in a location that is mounted in cygwin as
> >type "text"?
>
> Isn't there another issue here, the virtual path given by the config tool
> when it accesses the files?
>
> On my system, the mounts are something like
> / C:\CYGWIN binmode
> /c c:\ textmode  <<<---- for sources
>
> So if I put my epk in / (according to cygwin), then the config tool will be
> accessing it in binary mode if it uses /net-1.0b1.epk or in text mode if it
> uses /c/cygwin/net-1.0b1.epk.
>
> Confusing! Or do I misunderstand how cygwin works with conflicts like this?

Indeed so. Things could be a lot easier if we didn't have to support NT
users editting eCos source files with editors that don't support LFs
without CRs (like Notepad!).

But we mustn't forget the possibility that your problem is because of some
quirk with win 98. Your problem is not a commonly reported one. So I want
to find out the actual cause if possible.

Jifl