* RE: [ECOS] FW: GDB Stub and Redboot
@ 2000-12-06 13:06 Anthony Massa
From: Anthony Massa @ 2000-12-06 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: eCos (E-mail)

I know this might be the wrong list for this question, but...

I'm not using 1.1.6.  Do I just download the new setup.exe and run that to
upgrade to cygwin 1.1.6?

Do I need to rebuild anything from ecos after I upgrade to 1.1.6?

What is the TFTP server program called and where can I find documentation on
the installation work to set it up you mentioned?

@ 2000-12-06 12:09 Anthony Massa
From: Anthony Massa @ 2000-12-06 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: eCos (E-mail)

@ 2000-12-06 10:41 Anthony Massa
From: Anthony Massa @ 2000-12-06 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gary Thomas'; +Cc: Jonathan Larmour (E-mail), eCos (E-mail)

Does this redboot network stack support DHCP?

Is it configurable to use static IP addresses as well?

@ 2000-12-06 10:28 Anthony Massa
From: Anthony Massa @ 2000-12-06 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gary Thomas'; +Cc: eCos (E-mail), Jonathan Larmour (E-mail)

What does the Generic Flash Memory support do?

So, I don't need to add the Networking package?  Is that somewhere in the
redboot template?

Also, why is PowerPC QUICC/SMC serial device drivers greyed out in the
config tool?

> > Additional questions inline...

> >> the debugger.  I
> >> available for my
> >>
> >> It's sort of an either or thing. Redboot includes a GDB stub.

> >> do I need to add

> >> support in redboot?
> >>
> >> You should be able to get what you want either by just
> installing the
> >> prebuilt images, or:
> >>
> >> ecosconfig new mbx redboot
> >> ecosconfig import
> >> PATHTOREPOSITORY/hal/powerpc/mbx/current/misc/redboot_ROM.cfg
> >> ecosconfig tree
> >> make
> >
> > I haven't used ecosconfig before.  I use the Windows config
> tool.  So, for
> > this would I just select the redboot template?
> >

> > Are there any other options or packages that I need to add?
> >

> > Will networking support be added to communicate with
> redboot via Ethernet?
>
> You'll need to use the RedBoot template and then add
>   'Generic FLASH memory support'
>   'Common ethernet support'
> Also, be sure and set the startup type to ROM (it won't
> default that way)

* [ECOS] FW: GDB Stub and Redboot
@ 2000-12-06  9:42 Anthony Massa
From: Anthony Massa @ 2000-12-06  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos (E-mail)

Additional questions inline...

> > I want to be able to have GDB access to my MBX board to use
> the debugger.  I
> > would like to connect to the
> > board using the Ethernet port so I can have the serial port
> available for my
> > own I/O.  Do I build the GDB stub
> > and add the redboot package or is it an either or type of thing?
>
> It's sort of an either or thing. Redboot includes a GDB stub.
>
> > If it is a choice of either redboot or GDB, what packages
> do I need to add
> > for networking support under GDB?
> >
> > What additional packages do I need to add for networking
> support in redboot?
>
> You should be able to get what you want either by just installing the
> prebuilt images, or:
>
> ecosconfig new mbx redboot
> ecosconfig import
> PATHTOREPOSITORY/hal/powerpc/mbx/current/misc/redboot_ROM.cfg
> ecosconfig tree
> make

I haven't used ecosconfig before.  I use the Windows config tool.  So, for
this would I just select the redboot template?

Are there any other options or packages that I need to add?

Will networking support be added to communicate with redboot via Ethernet?

Thanks.