John wrote: > > Hi all, > > I have tried all methods I know to make a x86 boot floppy. > But I still can not make my host and target successfully connected through COM ports. > I always face packet errors. > I don't know what's wrong, host or target or ......, because I can not proof which part is ok. > I think I need a proved working boot floppy image to help me to figure out where is the problem. > Where can I get one? Try the attached. You need to decompress it with gzip -d first, then write it to the floppy as per the getting started guide. It's bigger than normal, but don't worry about that. Jifl -- Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062 Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine gdb_module.bin.gz