* [ECOS] Flash Size on the AEB
@ 2001-03-01  1:46 Carlos Eduardo dos Reis Rodrigues Sobrinho
From: Carlos Eduardo dos Reis Rodrigues Sobrinho @ 2001-03-01  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discuss

I saw in the ecos configuration tool that when I build with Startup from ROM
with Revision C, ecos only access till 401FFFF, this means from 4018000 to
401FFFF is only 32 kB ?!? If the flash has 256 Kb of memory why not access
'till 0x403FFFF ??? If so how can we change it?
Don't know if it maximizes during the build but its kinda odd.On the other
hand it uses all the available SRAM.
BTW I compiled the twothread.c with the ROM startup ecos and it keeps
putting all in SRAM and none in the flash, I saw it in gdb console when it
was downloading.
Anyone?

PS:Mister Jeff Lasslett thanks for the info about the prog, it works now :)

* Re: [ECOS] Flash Size on the AEB
@ 2001-03-01  2:25 ` Wolfram Kattanek
From: Wolfram Kattanek @ 2001-03-01  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Eduardo dos Reis Rodrigues Sobrinho; +Cc: eCos Discuss

Carlos Eduardo dos Reis Rodrigues Sobrinho <epilog@netc.pt>:

> I saw in the ecos configuration tool that when I build with Startup from ROM
> with Revision C, ecos only access till 401FFFF, this means from 4018000 to
> 401FFFF is only 32 kB ?!? If the flash has 256 Kb of memory why not access
> 'till 0x403FFFF ??? If so how can we change it?

As far as I know the LH77790B has only 128k of internal flash. The lower 64k are
used by the bootstrap and angel monitor. For using the other 64k instead of only
32k see my previous mail:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2001-02/msg00408.html

Wolfram
--
Wolfram 'L.A.' Kattanek     Institut fuer Mikroelektronik- und
Email:       LA@imms.de     Mechatronik-Systeme (IMMS) gGmbH

This mail sent through IMP: imp.imms.de

* Re: [ECOS] Flash Size on the AEB
@ 2001-03-01 10:03 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-03-01 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Eduardo dos Reis Rodrigues Sobrinho; +Cc: eCos Discuss

Carlos Eduardo dos Reis Rodrigues Sobrinho wrote:

> BTW I compiled the twothread.c with the ROM startup ecos and it keeps
> putting all in SRAM and none in the flash, I saw it in gdb console when it
> was downloading.

But you can't download a ROM startup program via GDB?!

Jifl